PDA

View Full Version : Forum Expansion; We're MORE Than Just Fedora Now!

bob
13th February 2013, 02:59 PM
We're welcoming in the New Year (Chinese, that is) in a big way! Our focus will always be on the distro we love, but we all have many other interests and activities and it's time that we had a chance to share them. In short, it's time to expand beyond Fedora and since we're an independent forum, we can do just that!

So, if you'll check the Forum list, you'll see that new topics have been added. Dan is starting things off with a topic on Photography and I put together some ideas to help with the winter chills.

That's just the start! Now it's up to you to tell us what you are interested in. Maybe it's parasailing, woodworking, classic cars, model trains or some wild Open Source projects. Send us a PM and give us some details and your thread. We'll look over the suggestions and work with you to add suitable Forums. Naturally, “adult” topics, religion, politics, etc., aren't appropriate.

Dan
13th February 2013, 03:37 PM
Just another heads-up.

What we're looking for here isn't so much the usual forum fare, though. The idea is more of a "real world" How-to guides-and-help concept. The questions come later, after the concept has been introduced by a guide. Meaning, if you know how to tie the best Adam's Special in four states, that's a great thing to post a How-To about.

Clear enough? (Sometimes I can even confuse myself. <..:(..> )