PDA

View Full Version : Can't login on FC18 Live Gnome

boblafler
15th January 2013, 08:29 PM
I downloaded the live dvd for FC18 x64 Gnome. I burned it to a USB drive and booted. It appears to boot just fine and I get to the login screen. The Gnome top panel is there with all the controls functional. The Fedora logo is in the middle with "Sign In" in greyed letters that do not activate when moused over and "Not listed?" in grey and active links to a username entry screen. That's it though. No indicator of how to login. Can someone help please? Thanks,

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I got this working. I initially burned the iso to usb with the Windows program Linuxlive USB Creator. It had a setting for Beefy but had not been updated for Spherical. I used the Beefy setting. I have not tried to confirm that it wasthe issue. I took the ISO to an install of Kubuntu and used Unetbootin to burn it to the same USB drive and this time it works properly. Thank you to everyone that took the time to read.

jonnycat
15th January 2013, 08:45 PM
I've had more than one installation of different distros fail due to bad installation media, both USB and optical. For this reason I *always* run the media check routine before going through with an installation.

menea
15th January 2013, 09:45 PM
Ctr+ alt +F2
Then type root
#useradd <username>
#passwd <username>
type your password.
Ctr+alt+f1
The type the user and password that you created