PDA

View Full Version : Dependency hell after upgrade to F18 from F17

halluc1nati0n
14th January 2013, 11:50 AM
Upgraded from F17 to F18 just now using : fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedUp#Network

Command I used:

sudo fedup --network 18 --debuglog fedupdebug.log --instrepo http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/qa/fedup/f18-RC4/x86_64/

Upgrade went smoothly and everything works out the box, but I'm hitting with dependency issues when trying to install new stuff.

Example (when trying to install apper after the upgrade) : pastebin.com/iCBWeyVP

yum list extras with fc17 references : pastebin.com/y9UUR4C8

I seem to have similar questions to this thread : forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=287463

How do we remove unwanted stuff left over from F17? I also noticed that FedUp's cleanup after upgrade is marked TODO : fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedUp#Cleaning_Up_Post_Upgrade

DBelton
14th January 2013, 03:49 PM
You can try a yum distrosync and see if that resolves your dependency problems

yum clean all

yum --releasever=18 distrosync

You should only get F17 packages removed. If you see a lot of F18 packages, don't tell it to continue and we will have to figure out a different way to do it.

lsatenstein
14th January 2013, 06:07 PM
if yum clean all or yum --releasever=18 distrosync does not work
Install yumex and look at doing the cleanup that way. Yumex has helped me many times because of mixed versions

AdamW
14th January 2013, 10:32 PM
that's odd, as it seems to be trying to pull an F17 build of apper. Can you check what version of fedora-release is installed? What happens if you try 'yum --releasever=18 install apper'?