PDA

View Full Version : I found it! I found it!

glennzo
1st December 2012, 08:41 PM
Nautilus preferences that is. I've seen a lot of banter about the newest Nautilus so I started poking around. Actually I was looking for alternative file managers. Strictly by chance, while running Nautilus, I clicked on the word "Files" just to the right of "Activities" at the top of the screen and I was presented with a drop-down box. One of the menu items was "properties". Through it I was able to change Nautilus to single-click. Yeah, I know, big deal. Well it is for me. I can't stand having to double click for anything. :dance:

ryptyde
1st December 2012, 10:50 PM
I asked the same question about two weeks ago and posted the answer after the "brain fog" cleared and remembered that installing "nautilus-actions" gave the "Preferences" entry under "Edit". Single click the only way to fly. :dance:

phil

AdamW
3rd December 2012, 04:02 AM
glennzo: oh, i forgot about that. that's the new menu design for GNOME apps; the concept is that options that apply to the app as a whole will appear in that menu (which exists for any app, but only contains a 'Quit' entry for non-GNOME apps), options that apply to a particular window will appear in that window.

It'll probably feel less weird when all the new GNOME 3 apps are done.

jff
3rd December 2012, 12:38 PM
It'll probably feel less weird when all the new GNOME 3 apps are done.

I think and hope so too.

Glad (in this case) to notice wasn't only one who hit this issue (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1604775#post1604775).

Quite sure that someone still wondering the same after F18 is released.