PDA

View Full Version : Connecting FC17 box to HDTV

gossamer
18th September 2012, 01:39 AM
Hi,

I have an FC17 x86_64 box with an ATI Radeon HD5700 and I'd like to use the HDMI port on the back to connect to my LCD TV in another room. I'd also like to add another USB keyboard so I can control the computer from that room. Are there any known problems doing this?

There seems to have been quite a few problems with people doing this in the past, and was just looking for recommendations on how to do this.

Will I need to make any Xorg config changes? Will there be a problem with two keyboards attached? If I recall correctly, I've done this before -- you just need to make sure someone isn't also typing at the other keyboard at the same time.

I already have the two DVI outputs connected to two LCD monitors. Would I just set this up as a three headed display somehow?

There's also a DisplayPort adapter on this card, which appears to have better resolution, although I think my HDTV only does 1920x1080 anyway....

Thanks for any ideas,
Alex

anishjp
18th September 2012, 10:57 AM
Hi

I have a similar setup to yours but mine is a ATI Radeon HD5450 graphics card and I run F14 on the host machine. My HDTV is connected to the PC via a HDMI cable. I have installed akmod-catalyst package which provides a nice GUI to setup multiple displays. I didn't have to make any changes in the config file as F14 works well with HD5450. I have got two mouses and two keyboards as well!

Regards,
Anish

gossamer
20th September 2012, 07:23 PM
Awesome, thanks for the info. Just ordered a few cables. We'll see how it works!

gossamer
25th September 2012, 10:44 PM
Hi

I have a similar setup to yours but mine is a ATI Radeon HD5450 graphics card and I run F14 on the host machine. My HDTV is connected to the PC via a HDMI cable. I have installed akmod-catalyst package which provides a nice GUI to setup multiple displays. I didn't have to make any changes in the config file as F14 works well with HD5450. I have got two mouses and two keyboards as well!

Regards,
Anish
I've received the HDMI cable I ordered and connected it successfully. The ATI application successfully detected my Panasonic HDTV, and I've configured it for a third display (in addition to the two LCD monitors I have already), but there is no output, even after restarting X.

I've checked my xorg.conf file, and it does have a third section, so I really have no other ideas how to get it working.

Ideas greatly appreciated!