PDA

View Full Version : YouTube on SMPlayer stopped working



arven979
18th September 2012, 12:45 AM
I cannot tell if it started after one of recent updates, as I do not play YouTube videos on SMPlayer every day. It has been several days since I noticed it.

Description: Clicking 'play' on SMPlayer YouTube browser does not start anything anymore. Nothing happens.

Clicking 'download video' displays a single message: Error.

Entering YouTube addres in Open -> URL also does nothing.

Choosing Totem as video player in SMPlayerYouTube parses wrong URL and video in Totem is not played either. Example:

YT URL: <edited out>

SMPlayerYouTube parses to Totem this location:


=18&url=http://o-o---preferred---telekomrs-beg2---v1---lscache4.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?upn=kz8XFPVp6gw&sparams=cp%2Cgcr%2Cid%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Crateb ypass%2Csource%2Cupn%2Cexpire&fexp=907721%2C910207%2C920917%2C922401%2C920704%2C 912806%2C913419%2C913558%2C913556%2C912706&ms=au&expire=1347948291&itag=18&ipbits=8&gcr=rs&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&mt=1347924251&ip=93.86.217.187&mv=m&source=youtube&key=yt1&cp=U0hTTFlPVl9OS0NOM19RSVpDOm1yN2pvdHNFS0hs&id=fce065812cfcb123&type=video/mp4%3B+codecs=%22avc1.42001E%2C+mp4a.40.2%22&fallback_host=tc.v1.cache4.c.youtube.com&sig=6F3BC442B58BD0EB31E06B6354027D5D1B31D955.80C70 81DBC69ABC2A05FD0D5C4B7B7CB1267C535&quality=medium

and an error message is displayed: An error occurred: Location not found.

Note: YouTube URLs are played just fine when copy-pasted into Totem. Totem works, (S)Mplayer does not.

MPlayer log:

<edited out, I cannot post this, I get the forum message of 'too many urls'>


Is this issue troubling anyone else? I could not find anything about this searching the forum and Google.

SMPlayer worked just fine since my installation of Fedora 17 a few months ago, now it just stopped.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Trying to start from command line:


$ mplayer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM
MPlayer SVN-r34652-4.7.0 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM.
Resolving www.youtube.com for AF_INET6...
Connecting to server www.youtube.com[2a00:1450:4008:c01::be]: 80...

Failed to connect to server with AF_INET6
Resolving www.youtube.com for AF_INET...
Connecting to server www.youtube.com[79.101.110.94]: 80...

Cache size set to 320 KBytes
Cache fill: 19.79% (64836 bytes)

libavformat version 53.32.100 (external)


Exiting... (End of file)
[rattus@rattus ~]$ totem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM

(totem:4715): Totem-WARNING **: g_file_set_attribute_string failed: DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Unable to set metadata key

secipolla
18th September 2012, 12:34 PM
YouTube updated its links these days (on the 13th or 14th) so it must have broken this feature.
Better you ask upstream.
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/

arven979
18th September 2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the advice, I have just started the same thread there.

If I come to any conclusion, I will post it here as well.

arven979
19th September 2012, 06:45 PM
Alright. It seems the bug is a known issue with SMPlayer 0.8.0, due to changes in YouTube linking on Sep 13th or 14th, as posted by Secipolla above.

It will be fixed in 0.8.1.