PDA

View Full Version : How to make gthumb the default photo importer in F16

mcgd
11th August 2012, 10:48 AM
Under F15, when inserting media with photos, I got to choose which application to use to import the photos. gthumb always worked for me and I want to continue to use it. F16 gives me no options except to run shotwell or eject the media.

How can I make gthumb run when I insert photo media? I can't see any way of configuring this.

coolpup
11th August 2012, 11:36 AM
Under F15, when inserting media with photos, I got to choose which application to use to import the photos. gthumb always worked for me and I want to continue to use it. F16 gives me no options except to run shotwell or eject the media.

How can I make gthumb run when I insert photo media? I can't see any way of configuring this.

Unless things have changed drastically between F16 and 17, going to System Settings -> Details -> Default Applications should let you do what you're after. It's how I set gthumb as the default photo viewer/importer. Needless to say, you'd need gthumb installed to do that.

Hope that helps.

mcgd
11th August 2012, 01:23 PM
Unless things have changed drastically between F16 and 17, going to System Settings -> Details -> Default Applications should let you do what you're after. It's how I set gthumb as the default photo viewer/importer. Needless to say, you'd need gthumb installed to do that.

Thanks, I found it in System Settings -> Removable Media. Not sure why I didn't spot that before.