PDA

View Full Version : Installing FC3 On Slave Drive

zane1
26th November 2004, 01:11 AM
I have two hard drives and XP is on the master hard drive. I dont have enough room to isntall FC3 on the first drive, so I would like to install it on the second hard drive with is the slave.

Is this a problem with FC3 at all? Should I install the bootloader to the MBR? and will everything work fine? I cant mess up my XP partition!!

THANKS!

imdeemvp
26th November 2004, 01:17 AM
Yes you can install the grub in the mbr and boot to windows and fedora. It will not mess up your windows partitions but the grub will write itself in over the windows bootloader.

You can make your xp slave and fc3 and then edit the gurb.conf to enter the lines to access windows. This way you leave xp untouch.

Scithe
26th November 2004, 05:44 AM
I just installed Fedora a few days ago myself with a similar setup. I have XP pro on my master drive and I installed Fedora on one of my slave's paritions. During the install process I was able to tell it to boot XP by default. When I turn on my comp a screen comes up quickly that tells me I have 3 seconds or it will boot XP. I hit any key and it pauses and allows me to choose Fedora or XP.