PDA

View Full Version : ImageMagick question

satimis
25th November 2004, 04:22 PM
Hi folks,

FedoraCore2
===========

ImageMagick is completely new to me.

I'm searching for a software working as a desk/platform allowing scaned pictures/documents to be manupulated on it such as;

1) combining scaned pictures/documents as a book
2) typing notes/lines on pictures/documents
3) simple graphic editing
4) pages in the book can be resort, such as taking out page-2 putting it as page-10, etc.
5) save/export/print the book in pdf, png, ps, etc. format

Is ImageMagick the right tool for me? Any folk having experience on this tool please shed me some light.

I can evoke ImageMagick by running following command on console;
$ display logo:Untitled

But I could not locate scanner plugin there similar to 'Kooka'

TIA

B.R.
satimis

foolish
25th November 2004, 04:53 PM
ImageMagick is a command line tool to do the dirty work of image manipulation. ImageMagick might do the trick for you, but you'll have to work it from the terminal. Many web applications (photo galleries and such) use ImageMagick to do the manipulation of images.

For something like photoshop in windows, test GIMP, it's a nice graphical application that can to a lot of image manipulation.

satimis
26th November 2004, 01:19 AM
... For something like photoshop in windows, test GIMP, it's a nice graphical application that can to a lot of image manipulation....Hi,

Tks for your advice. On Linux I'm using GIMP to do the job for me. But GIMP is a heavy too. I'm searching for a simple tool.

On Windows, I have been using PaperPort, PageMaker, OmniPage/form, etc. to do the job for prolonged time. They are the right tool to do this job. I'm searching for their equivalent on Linux.

Futhermore do you know any pdf/ps tools spiced up with ImageMagick. TIA

B.R.
satimis

troyw3412
3rd May 2006, 11:51 PM
Hi,

Tks for your advice. On Linux I'm using GIMP to do the job for me. But GIMP is a heavy too. I'm searching for a simple tool.

On Windows, I have been using PaperPort, PageMaker, OmniPage/form, etc. to do the job for prolonged time. They are the right tool to do this job. I'm searching for their equivalent on Linux.

Futhermore do you know any pdf/ps tools spiced up with ImageMagick. TIA

B.R.
satimis

Were you ever able to find something similar to PaperPort? I also do a lot of multiple-page scanning and need the ability to re-organize pages, and easily merge documents. I'm a newbie and have yet to find an app that replaces PaperPort.

Thanks.

imdeemvp
4th May 2006, 04:18 AM
I just use to play the .gif files I download from the net. It 's the only way I can play them...