PDA

View Full Version : [F16] Problems with Pulseaudio and Jack ("Connection refused", etc.)

Thidrek
17th March 2012, 02:13 PM
Hi,

about one week ago I finally got my sound card working on a Linux System (Fedora 16). It's a Tascam US-122L which seems to be quite problematic when it comes to Linux. But I followed this guide (ww.premiumorange.com/la-page-web-of-phil/index.php?page=P030201) and this one (http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/PulseOnJack) and finally it worked!

But then, yesterday evening, the sound suddenly broke off while watching some video on Youtube. I tried to restart Jack via QJackCtl but it was hardly possible because the program was kind of laggy, didn't react to my clicks properly. My restart attempt didn't help and all I got were some error messages I cannot remember, unfortunately. I logged off and on again and gave it another try. The Jack server seemed to start properly but when the post startup script ought to take place I got the message

Failure: Module initalization failed
Failure: Module initalization failed
No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
The aforesaid post startup script is the following one:

pactl load-module module-jack-sink channels=2; pactl load-module module-jack-source channels=2;pacmd set-default-sink jack_out

All PA-related applications give me a "Connection refused" error message.
"$ pulseaudio --verbose" yields the following:

$ pulseaudio --verbose
I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
I: core-util.c: Successfully gained nice level -11.
I: main.c: Dies ist PulseAudio 0.9.23
I: main.c: Seitengröße ist 4096 Bytes.
I: main.c: System- ID ist f5178dc9d3110581bf0c6fc50000000e.
I: main.c: System- ID ist f5178dc9d3110581bf0c6fc50000000e-1331985938.794345-272326705.
I: main.c: Nutze Laufzeit-Verzeichnis /home/viper100/.pulse/f5178dc9d3110581bf0c6fc50000000e-runtime.
I: main.c: Nutze Zustands-Verzeichnis /home/viper100/.pulse.
I: main.c: Modul-Verzeichnis /usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.23/modules benutzen.
I: main.c: Laufe im System-Modus: no
I: main.c: Neue hochauslösende Timer verfügbar! Guten Appetit!
I: cpu-x86.c: CPU flags: CMOV MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 MMXEXT 3DNOW 3DNOWEXT
I: svolume_mmx.c: Initialising MMX optimized functions.
I: remap_mmx.c: Initialising MMX optimized remappers.
I: svolume_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized functions.
I: remap_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized remappers.
I: sconv_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized conversions.
I: module.c: Loaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #0; argument: "").
W: module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory<
W: module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot connect to server socket<
jackdmp 1.9.8
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2011 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
no message buffer overruns
`(voreinst.)' server already active
Failed to open server
W: module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory<
W: module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >Cannot connect to server socket err =No such file or directory<
W: module-jack-sink.c: JACK error >jack server is not running or cannot be started<
E: module-jack-sink.c: jack_client_open() failed.
E: module.c: Failed to load module "module-jack-sink" (argument: "channels=2"): initialization failed.
E: main.c: Module load failed.
E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.
I: module.c: Unloading "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #0).
I: module.c: Unloaded "module-native-protocol-unix" (index: #0).
I: main.c: Daemon terminated.

When I remove and reinstall pulseaudio it starts at least but with the wrong audio card listed in the device manager, of course. As soon as I setup Jack and Pulse the way it is described in the links above, I will receive those "Connection refused" errors by Pulseaudio.

I am member of the groups:
audio, jackuser, pulse, pulse-access, pulse-rt, realtime, rtkit, video, "username"

My limits.conf:

@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - nice -10
@audio - memlock unlimited

Additionally there are some files in the limits.d folder, namely 90-nproc.conf, 99-jack.conf, 99-realtime.conf and audio.conf. They are setup similarly to limits.conf.

edit: To assure that my system recognizes my sound card:
$cat /proc/asound/cards

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [US122L ]: USB US-122L - TASCAM US-122L
TASCAM US-122L (644:800e if 0 at 001/002)
1 [Generic ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
HD-Audio Generic at 0xfeabc000 irq 45

Can someone help me out, please? I don't want to make anything worse by editing files "at random". I already followed every possible guide on the internet that seemed to be somehow related to my issues. If you need additional information, logs and the like, just tell me, I'll deliver.

Bye,
Thidrek