PDA

View Full Version : Chromium gpgkey

undoIT
24th February 2012, 03:00 AM
I have Chromium installed in Fedora 16 with KDE from the following repo:

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/chromium-stable/

When I install Chromium I get the following warning:

You are about to install unsigned packages that can compromise your system, as it is impossible to verify if the software came from a trusted source.

Are you sure you want to proceed with the installation?

Then, everytime there is a Chromium update available in apper, I get an error message about unsigned packages and everytime I click Yes to proceed, it loops back to the prompt. The only way to get the update installed is to use yum in terminal. I can deal with this, but it is not user-friendly for all the other people I have installed Fedora for who wouldn't know how to update using yum.

I have searched and I can't find any info on a gpgkey for Chromium (there is one available for Chrome, but that is not an option because Chrome is not open source).

Does anyone know how to import a gpgkey for chromium or how to disable the prompt when updated unsigned packages?

ozjd
24th February 2012, 07:46 AM
The repo file on that link has gpgcheck set to 0 so you shouldn't get the message.

undoIT
24th February 2012, 08:23 AM
The repo file on that link has gpgcheck set to 0 so you shouldn't get the message.

Yeah, that's why it is kind of weird. I've gone through all my repo files several times since this issue started happening and all of the repos either have the gpgkey specified when gpgcheck=1 or have gpgcheck=0. I can't figure out why apper is complaining about unsigned packages. Is there anything i can try like rebuilding the rpm database (i think i already did that) to fix this?