PDA

View Full Version : LaTeX problem

fenderbender
6th January 2012, 10:23 AM
Hi,

I have some probs with LaTeX. A .tex file I used to make CVs can't be compiled with my system now. (It definitely worked with previous fedora installation)

See the coding (reduced to minimal example):

\documentclass[10pt,a4paper]{moderncv}
\usepackage[german]{babel}
\usepackage{palatino} %Schriften
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage[OT2, TS1, T1]{fontenc}
\moderncvtheme[]{classic}
% personal data
\firstname{firstname}
\familyname{famname}
\title{CV}
\address{main street 2}{city}
\mobile{01234}
\email{ab@cd.com}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\section{personal}
\cvline{Date of birth:}{1.1.1900}{}

%\vfill

Name\\
City, \today
\end{document}

But compiling stops here:

(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def))
! Undefined control sequence.
<recently read> \moderncvtheme

l.6 \moderncvtheme
[]{classic}
?

Any idea why? I think a package is missing or old. I installed everything I found in the package-manager that has anything to do with LaTeX without any success....

Regards
F.

Gareth Jones
6th January 2012, 05:01 PM
The default Fedora texlive packages are ancient. I've got the texlive 2011 packages installed as detailed here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive.

However I still get an error:

! LaTeX Error: File `moderncvcolor.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

"yum whatprovides moderncvcolor.sty" gives no results, even with the texlive repository enabled, so I think it's either a broken (LaTeX) package, or an (RPM) packaging error.

You might want to try installing the latest texlive directly from the texlive website, or try grabbing just the relevant LaTeX packages from CTAN if they're there.

Gareth

RupertPupkin
6th January 2012, 07:33 PM
I think a package is missing or old. I installed everything I found in the package-manager that has anything to do with LaTeX without any success...
The Fedora TeX Live packages are messed up, to put it mildly, so I'd advise installing it directly. Your example compiled just fine for me, using pdflatex from TeX Live 2011 installed directly from the iso image file (http://tug.org/texlive/acquire-iso.html), resulting in this output:

fenderbender
8th January 2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your help!
Works fine now!

Chilly Willy
8th January 2012, 09:55 PM
"LaTeX problem"

That title made me chuckle (thanks) as it congers up all sorts of images that could be what you are referring to. :blink: :C :p (maybe I'm just a tad bit warped?)

Glad to hear you got it, though :dance: