PDA

View Full Version : FC3 download problems

boci
19th November 2004, 11:19 AM
Hi!

I have problem with FC3 DVD-ISO downloading.
I try to download from linuxiso.org (Ireland mirror).
When the download finished i wrote it to a new dvd disk.
The installer start and i check the disk everything good.
I select the packages and i the installer stop when try to copy "samba-pre3..." the only option to stop the installer no retry or ignore or something..
OK i don't select the samba but the installer stop something other package...
So whats the problem?
The HDD is good, disk is good (i checked with the installer).

If somebody downloaded the dvd-iso please write here the url address.

zAo
19th November 2004, 12:24 PM
What speed did you write the disk? I use 4x for safety. Try that too (use a RW disc ;))

taylor65
19th November 2004, 07:19 PM
You really want to download iso files via bittorrent. FTP transfers have a high rate of errors. Bittorrent does checksums while it's downloading so you know the iso file is good. I would just get a new copy of the iso via bittorrent and try again. I installed a system with the dvd iso, went smooth.

boci
20th November 2004, 10:12 AM
I wrote the disk 2x speed but the disk was good because i checked with the installer.
Bittorrend looks like good idea i try it thanks

egr
20th November 2004, 10:57 AM
Maybe Fedora Core Installer checks media only for read-errors, best way to check md5sum before burning

sideways
20th November 2004, 07:28 PM
What size is the downloaded file?

Many ftp downloads fail to get the whole file, you can burn the image but a lot of data will be missing.

The best way to download the DVD iso is using bittorrent, there any many seeds soon after each release so the download should be fast (~12 hours overnight on my 512 dsl connection)

Here are the torrent links
http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/