PDA

View Full Version : virtual web server problem

thesun
18th November 2004, 01:12 AM
Can anyone help me with a virtual web server issue? I _had_ everything working fine until I got a router (the web server used to just connect to the internet via an ipchains firewall), and then my web pages wouldn't load.

First problem was the router didn't have port 80 open. But I've enabled port forwarding through the router on Port 80, 8082, and 8090 and it's still not working.

It appears that if I type the URL ("www.website1.com") the server thinks I'm trying to load the Apache server's root directory, (i.e. "/usr/local/apache/html/") instead of getting to the page directory (i.e. "/usr/local/apache/html/website1/") where the index page resides. So if I type in "www.website1.com" I get a "Forbidden, you don't have permissions to access / on that server" error. But if I type in "www.website1.com/website1/" the page serves up just fine. It's the same for all three sites. What do I need to do?

I have crawled through lots of virtual server how-to pages without finding anything that's specific to this problem. I don't think it's at all related to Fedora, but I'm hoping someone out there can help. :confused:

kosmosik
18th November 2004, 01:11 PM
you using IP based or host based virtual hosts?