PDA

View Full Version : Inhouse pop to imap server.

SpeedadeYxan
17th August 2011, 04:55 PM
Hi.

I use an ISP mail account today and like to POP all incoming mail from the ISP server into something in-house.

I'm looking for some simple software/server which POPs from the ISP to an in-house PC.
All my PC's (Evolution/Thunderbird) should use that server and share same mail, calenders, address books, ...

Today one PC pop and store all mails and the other PC's use IMAP. Not very practical due to the IMAP's only have the latest mails

/Thanks :)

lensman3
17th August 2011, 07:55 PM
Fetchmail should work. I have used it on linux to fetch email from several ISP and combine the feeds into one pop account. A couple of years later I moved my linux pop to an imap. It worked well for fetching email for other accounts on my gateway machine. I set it up to run as "root", and pull several accounts. You will have to add passwords and logins to the config file.

A program called formail will read old accounts and remail/forward the emails to a new account. formail is rather "energetic" and can forward thousands of emails to a single account that your ISP might think they are being spammed.

SpeedadeYxan
18th August 2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks!
I will give it a try...
:)