PDA

View Full Version : I got devede working again!



gav989
12th June 2011, 07:22 PM
Hi all

I don't know if this has been a problem for others but recently I've had difficulty getting devede to convert with sound that works. From my searches it seems to be something to do with a mencoder update

anyway

I found this thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=112219&p=2

which told me to go here: https://github.com/devede/Devede

from which I downloaded a source tarball, extracted the folder inside, then in terminal (inside the folder I extracted) I ran as root

sh install.sh

And it installed devede for me again (meaning I had two versions installed, i consequently uninstalled the one i got from yum)

Then in this new version, while the program is running I went to edit - preferences (at the top) and selected FIXED-AC3 and suddenly it all works as it used to again!

note: I got really excited and posted this based on a successful preview, not a burnt dvd, but that is exciting enough in itself. also i included the arch url because I knew to do all of this because they said it there, it's not my own fix so credit to those guys