PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Air: Missing rpm-tools (rpmbuilder)

cowxx
11th June 2011, 03:42 PM
Hi!

I'm new to fedora, and linux in general. After a lot of hassle installing my nvidia drivers, I decided to install AIR. So I went to their site and downloaded an rpm, and followed the installation proccess, and everything went fine. Then i installed the application i wanted to use (Wimp), but then i was told that AIR couldn't install it due to missing rpm tools(rpmbuilder). I can't find anything on google, and am absolutely stumped. I appreciate any help, and thanks in advance.

I'm running version 15 with GNOME 3 (32-bit), on an acer aspire 5738zg notebook. Intel Pentium dual core (2,1ghertz), nVidia 105m, 4Gb ram.

Dies
14th June 2011, 04:18 AM
If you haven't figured it out yet, try installing rpmdevtools.

su -c "yum install rpmdevtools -y"

Just a guess. Sorry, but I don't use AIR I install flash only because it's almost a requirement, but anything else from Adobe, no way.

HTH

Computerphile
14th June 2011, 04:41 AM
If you haven't figured it out yet, try installing rpmdevtools.

su -c "yum install rpmdevtools -y"

Just a guess. Sorry, but I don't use AIR I install flash only because it's almost a requirement, but anything else from Adobe, no way.

HTH

+1
I had the same issue as TS, and that worked like a charm with Adobe Air (needed for TweetDeck, never tried Wimp since I prefer Spotify).

If however that doesn't work, you might run into trouble with Adobe Air if you're on a x64 arch.
Luckilly Adobe has made a little how-to list for how you can make it work (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/521/cpsid_52132.html).