PDA

View Full Version : It's good to be back ^^

Pegasus
10th November 2004, 07:06 PM
Maybe most ppl didn't recognice that i has gone since FC2 was published ;)

During massive problems with FC2 on our testing PC, i decided to change the system in order to be able to work. It seemed to be, that all my changes for FC2 during testing where disagreed. Now i see, that it doesn't :D

FC2 caused many trouble on our I586 and X64 systems. In case of that fact, i made blasphemic changes and installed mandrake -> all problems where gone.

Today i took the time to install FC3 ... and was deeply impressed by the changes: all problems of the past where gone!

For those readers of you - didn't knowing the problems of our test PC:
Intel P II 400 with 256 MB Ram
Onboard Ensonic 1397 Sound Chip
SCSI Zip Drive
SCSI Scanner HP Scanjet 4C
-> FC2, the soundchip made massive problems. Only changes in kernel was able to fix the problem
-> FC2, zip drive was permanently busy
-> FC2, Scanner won't work correctly
-> FC2, system crashes (completly) for unknown reason

After seeing, that FC2 was published - in this way - in different magazines, i decided to stop support for fedora products immediatly. The phone wasn't still for at least a second...

I'am linux user for more than 10 years now ... and FC2 was the first time, which nearly made my crying...

But this is the past: since Nov 8th '04 there is Heidelberg (FC3). It was - from my point of view - a good choice to give fedora this try ;)

Keep up the -finaly - good work :mrgreen:

ilja
10th November 2004, 07:49 PM
Welcome back :)

Pegasus
10th November 2004, 07:58 PM
ilja ...
why did i know it? :mrgreen:
Thank you for your welcome ;)

[Edit]
hope to see some other welcomes too ;)

sailor
10th November 2004, 11:52 PM
welcome back to the core!...:p

Jman
11th November 2004, 12:00 AM
Glad that your problems are fixed.

And about other distros, most of us are not particlar. They are have their benefits.