PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] AutoPlus and Adobe Air

jbuckley2004
25th May 2011, 06:58 AM
DM, AutoPlus failed on me when trying to install Adobe Air on a fresh install of F15 x86-64.

The first indication of a problem was this:

warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID f6777c67: NOKEY
Public key for adobeair-2.6.0-19140.i386.rpm is not installedLater in the process, I got this:

Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package adobeair-2.6.0-19140.i386

Running 32-bit AIR on 64-bit systems has not been fully tested. However, 32-bit AIR is expected to run on 64-bit systems if they have the required 32-bit libraries and packages installed.
The following links describe how to install or update AIR 2.6 on 64-bit versions of Ubuntu 9.10, Fedora Core 12 and OpenSuse 11.2.
Installing Adobe AIR 2.6 on 64-bit Linux visit http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/521/cpsid_52132.html
Updating to Adobe AIR 2.6 on 64-bit Linux visit http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/521/cpsid_52132.html
Adobe AIR could not be installed. Either gnome-keyring or Kwallet must be installed prior to installing Adobe AIR.
error: %pre(adobeair-2.6.0-19140.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Installing : libxml2-devel-2.7.8-6.fc15.i686 62/69
error: adobeair-2.6.0-19140.i386: install failedkwallet is installed and running (according to $ps -ef | grep wallet).

Any help is appreciated.

tox
25th May 2011, 07:09 AM
did you try an install it directly from the adobe site itself?

Dangermouse
25th May 2011, 08:31 AM
Adobeair was not calling in the right deps.i686, if you upgrade to the latest fedoraplus the problem has been fixed..

Edit i have also temp fixed it so vbox will work in f15 by using f14 repo, hopefully they will make a f15 repo soon:rolleyes:

jbuckley2004
25th May 2011, 01:41 PM
Thankx for the quick reply, DM.

I probably didn't use the latest. This time, from your link, I tried to install and got:

http://fedora.mirrors.pair.com/linux/updates/15/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 503 - Service Unavailable : http://fedora.mirrors.pair.com/linux/updates/15/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
updates | 4.7 kB 00:00
updates/primary_db | 1.0 MB 00:01
updates/group | 1.8 MB 00:01
http://linux.dropbox.com/fedora/15/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found : http://linux.dropbox.com/fedora/15/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: Dropbox. Please verify its path and try again

I imagine repos are being shuffled at the moment (but I also plead ignorance). I'll try again in a few hours just to see.

Point of detail: Is it necessary to *uninstall* FedoraPlus before re-installing?

Dangermouse
25th May 2011, 01:49 PM
Where you used the old version, its has messed up yum because there is no f15 dropbox repo, do below to fix it

su -
echo "enabled=0" >>/etc/yum.repos.d/dropbox.repoAnd to get the latest autoplus
Then just install autoplus (latest one) as you would normally, you dont need to remove the old one it will automatically get updated;)

jbuckley2004
25th May 2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks again, DM. I'm going to mark this as solved, because it looks like Adobe Air is now installed.

But there's a caveat. The installation of Tweet Deck for Linux (it uses the Adobe Air installer) fails. I'm not sure it's related, but it looks potentially like it is.

Dangermouse
25th May 2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks again, DM. I'm going to mark this as solved, because it looks like Adobe Air is now installed.

But there's a caveat. The installation of Tweet Deck for Linux (it uses the Adobe Air installer) fails. I'm not sure it's related, but it looks potentially like it is.
I have just installed tweetdeck, when you click on the link http://tweetdeck.com/go/download/tweetdeck click open with adobeair installer, dont download it and try to install it, then it should install fine;)

jbuckley2004
26th May 2011, 03:41 AM
Yeah, I've been trying that and getting this message from the Tweet Deck application installer:

Sorry, an error has occurred.
The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
Sigh.
The message is, of course, mere finger-pointing. I have no clear way to proceed, but I'm sure the problem isn't with FedoraPlus now, DM.

Dangermouse
26th May 2011, 07:10 AM
Yeah, I've been trying that and getting this message from the Tweet Deck application installer:

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.Sigh.
The message is, of course, mere finger-pointing. I have no clear way to proceed, but I'm sure the problem isn't with FedoraPlus now, DM.
No your right its nothing to do with autoplus but saves opening a new thread,;)
Looks like you are still trying to install a downloaded file that is corrupt, delete it and re-download it.

carlesm
1st June 2011, 09:14 AM
The problem is not in the .air file. It fails in all .air files I've tried till now, and there's more people reporting same error.

jojosilvera
12th June 2011, 03:22 PM
has anyone come up with a solution for this, cuz i wud really like to have some form of twitter program because the one that come in fedora don't work for me. I have that same problem with all AIR files saying that the installation file is damaged. Really frustrating.

jbuckley2004
12th June 2011, 03:36 PM
I think the answer is "no", jojosilvera. Just yesterday I saw a new thread opened with essentially the same complaint brought up for a different app. The only connection appears to be Fedora 15 and the Adobe Air app installer.

I blame George Bush uh, Adobe, myself. And from what I can tell, they're ignoring us, too. The only way to contact Tweetdeck on-line appears to be via tweets, which leaves very few characters to detail the problem in a way that's helpful.

If enough people tweet saying "It's BROKEN! FIX IT!!!", they might get the message.

allan_r
15th June 2011, 07:17 PM

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
Sigh.

I'm getting the same error while trying to install "pandora" desktop music app using air on Fedora 15, cuz of that I went back to Fedora 14.

sergiomb
5th July 2011, 10:05 PM

cd .appdata/Adobe/AIR/Logs/
cat Install.log
you got :
/opt/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0/Resources/rpmbuilder error : symbol not found: parseSpec, /usr/lib/librpmbuild.so: undefined symbol: parseSpec error

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=692381
but “the entire librpmbuild API has changed in rpm 4.9.x and parseSpec() no
longer exists,”

all installs will fail , so it is far to be solved ...

sergiomb
12th July 2011, 11:46 PM
all installs will fail , so it is far to be solved ...
I got a solution.

mock -r fedora-14-i386 --init
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install rpm
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install ld-linux.so.2 gtk2-devel.i686 libdbus-glib-1.so.2 libhal.so.1 rpm-devel.i686 libXt.so.6 gnome-keyring-devel.i686 libDCOP.so.4 libxml2-devel.i686 nss-devel.i686 libxslt.i686 xterm rpm-build libgnome-keyring-devel.i686 gnome-keyring.i686 gnome-keyring-pam.i686 libgnome-keyring.i686

Don't know if it need it but:
yumdownloader adobeair
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install adobeair-2.6.0-19170.i386.rpm

And we are ready :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"

and could have my application back!

jbuckley2004
13th July 2011, 03:27 AM
Sergiomb,
Can you tell us please if you did this on on 32 bit or 64 bit version of Fedora? - that is, did you do this for F15 X86-64 by any chance?

Thanks.

sergiomb
13th July 2011, 04:24 PM
Sergiomb,
Can you tell us please if you did this on on 32 bit or 64 bit version of Fedora? - that is, did you do this for F15 X86-64 by any chance?

Thanks.

I use F15.x86_64 but also should work in i686, the mock chroot is always in i686

kernwig
14th July 2011, 12:30 AM
I got a solution.

. . .

And we are ready :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"
!

Thanks for the start sergiomb! I now have Adobe AIR installed inside a chroot... It's eating up 670 MB just to run this one app. :-(

But not how to I run it? I think maybe the forum editor cut out part of yoru post, because all I see is a line setting the library path ending with a name in quotes, which is not valid. I've tried running the AIR installer directly with that evironment variable set, but it can't open libCore.so. I also tried using mock --shell to run the AIR installer within the chroot; that just returns to the command line without any output.

sergiomb
14th July 2011, 05:00 AM
no ,
yum install adobeair
in main system
and
in main system .

You just need old librpm which are in /var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386/root/usr/lib/

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Hi, even more simple.
All code that you need to install Adobe air and TweetDeck_0_37.6.air for example in Fedora 15.

To begin, refer to the Adobe site at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Select YUM for Linux to download, and confirm.
This will download the adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm file. Installation of the repository file adobe-linux-i386.repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/ can be performed by installing the .rpm file. Issue the following command within the directory where you have downloaded the repository rpm file.

as root
yum install adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
yum install adobeair
yum install ld-linux.so.2 gtk2-devel.i686 libdbus-glib-1.so.2 libhal.so.1 rpm-devel.i686 libXt.so.6 gnome-keyring-devel.i686 libDCOP.so.4 libxml2-devel.i686 nss-devel.i686 libxslt.i686 xterm rpm-build libgnome-keyring-devel.i686 gnome-keyring.i686 gnome-keyring-pam.i686 gnome-keyring-devel.i686

Now as a normal user type 4 lines:
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --clean (optional)
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install rpm-devel.i686

browse and select the .air that you want
I just test with TweetDeck_0_37.6.air
type root password on popup , and it is installed in your main system, now you could clean /var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386.
you just need fake for "Adobe AIR Application Installer" librpmbuild.so.
Enjoy

kernwig
15th July 2011, 04:08 AM
Fantastic! :dance:

Not only does it work, but I see that the giant chroot installation is only needed to run Adobe Air Installer... Once installed, Pandora runs without it. Yay!

What I didn't realize was that the "Adobe AIR Application Installer" was the program to run, so I had to be in the "/opt/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0" directory first.

jbuckley2004
15th July 2011, 04:32 AM
I feel like a doof, but I'm not sure I completely understand the instructions.

I understand the yum installs as root, but I have no idea what mock does. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH assignment confuses me, because it looks like it has to be assigned every time. Is that right?

Baby steps, please. I assume that I can get the .air file from tweetdeck. But this part:

type root password on popup , and it is installed in your main system, now you could clean /var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386.
you just need fake for "Adobe AIR Application Installer" librpmbuild.so.
doesn't exactly parse into English. Type my password "on popup?" What is done to what to get what pop-up, please.

"Clean" a file in /var/lib/mock??? Clean is not a bash command. Is it a mock command?

I "need a fake"??? A fake what, please.

I know a lot of this would probably make sense if I just tried it, but since I'm really ignorant about mock, I could use just a little more hand holding.

kernwig
16th July 2011, 01:46 AM
I feel like a doof, but I'm not sure I completely understand the instructions.

Here's the summary, as I recall it, of how to get this working. Kudos to sergiomb for coming up with all of this, I'm just summarizing the steps.

You must have the Adobe repository installed. See http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f15.html#flash

On root user command line (can also sudo):

yum install mock adobeair

On your user command-line:

mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install ld-linux.so.2 gtk2-devel.i686 libdbus-glib-1.so.2 libhal.so.1 rpm-devel.i686 libXt.so.6 gnome-keyring-devel.i686 libDCOP.so.4 libxml2-devel.i686 nss-devel.i686 libxslt.i686 xterm rpm-build libgnome-keyring-devel.i686 gnome-keyring.i686 gnome-keyring-pam.i686 libgnome-keyring.i686
cd /opt/Adobe\ AIR/Versions/1.0

You can learn more about mock by reading the man page, of course.

That last weird line tells it to run the installer program, in quotes because the name contains spaces, with the environment variable telling it to use libraries from mock's fedora 14 directory.

The GUI pops up and you can browse to where you had downloaded and saved your .air file. It installs and runs normally! Only the installer needs the old Fedora 14 libraries; the apps themselves run fine in Fedora 15. Repeat the last line for each app you wish to install.

When you are done installing AIR apps, you can free up a bunch of disk space by running:

mock -r fedora-14-i386 --clean
You'll have to repeat the process if you later decide to install more AIR apps. If you don't mind wasting over 600 MB, you can just leave it all in place without any harm.

jbuckley2004
16th July 2011, 04:49 PM
Ah, thank you much, Kernwig. This is fantastic.

sergiomb
17th July 2011, 04:19 PM
On your user command-line:

as I wrote on second time
just

mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install rpm-devel

works .
I just need librpm (version 4.8).so ,
this method could be much simplified , but don't have time and mock is a funny tool.
what is 500 mega bytes nowadays ?

jojosilvera
28th July 2011, 01:35 AM
My adobe air installer was working fine up until they had an update and now i'm right back to square one. tweetdeck was giving trouble so i decided to remove it and reinstall it only to see the annoying message return saying installer file is damaged. This is truly annoying now I'm gonna have to find Yoono cause i really can't bother with this long drawn out crap to get it to work again.

sergiomb
28th July 2011, 11:27 AM
My adobe air installer was working fine up until they had an update and now i'm right back to square one. tweetdeck was giving trouble so i decided to remove it and reinstall it only to see the annoying message return saying installer file is damaged. This is truly annoying now I'm gonna have to find Yoono cause i really can't bother with this long drawn out crap to get it to work again.

comment #22 and #24 has the solution, the problem is with rpm 4.9 that doesn't export a Symbol needs by "Adobe AIR Installer"

jojosilvera
28th July 2011, 02:32 PM
so i did as was told the whole mock thing and this is what i get out and have been waiting for a while now:

INFO: mock.py version 1.1.11 starting...
State Changed: init plugins
INFO: selinux enabled
State Changed: start
State Changed: lock buildroot
State Changed: clean
INFO: chroot (/var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386) unlocked and deleted
State Changed: unlock buildroot
State Changed: init
State Changed: lock buildroot
Mock Version: 1.1.11
INFO: Mock Version: 1.1.11
INFO: enabled root cache
INFO: enabled yum cache
State Changed: cleaning yum metadata
INFO: enabled ccache
State Changed: running yum

it has not moved from there for a good while now what should i do

sergiomb
30th July 2011, 02:27 AM
OK , other method 300 times more simple
If you want don't use mock

download librpm.tar.gz in attach , (which are the files provide by mock that we real need)
do:

tar zxvf librpm.tar.gz
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"

And you will install .air apps

sergiomb
3rd May 2012, 02:59 AM
update for fedora 16 , now needs libmagic also
download librpm2.tar.gz in attach , (which are the files provide by mock that we real need)
do:

tar zxvf librpm2.tar.gz
and (if you are in /home/sergio) do:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/sergio/lib/ "Adobe AIR Application Installer"

to install .air apps.

itsjustarumour
15th September 2012, 02:19 AM
Anybody got this to work in Fedora 17 (64-bit)? I've tried following the instructions in #22, #24 and #29 but

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-17-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"

just gives me:

ian@COOLERMASTER 1.0$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-17-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"
[Adobe AIR Application Installer:4440][ERR] Unsupported package manager!
ian@COOLERMASTER 1.0$

sergiomb
15th September 2012, 03:29 AM
Anybody got this to work in Fedora 17 (64-bit)? I've tried following the instructions in #22, #24 and #29 but

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-17-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"

just gives me:

It works for me in Fedora 17 with #29 , librpm2.tar.gz is from fedora-14 , you need do all mock thing to have fedora 14 libraries.
it is more simple download librpm2.tar.gz.

you are trying with fedora-17-i386 which is not the right version.

itsjustarumour
15th September 2012, 12:57 PM
It works for me in Fedora 17 with #29 , librpm2.tar.gz is from fedora-14 , you need do all mock thing to have fedora 14 libraries.
it is more simple download librpm2.tar.gz.

you are trying with fedora-17-i386 which is not the right version.

Hi Sergiomb, thanks for the response - I'll give it another try :)

itsjustarumour
19th September 2012, 09:14 PM
Nope, still can't get this to work. I've been trying to follow the instructions to the letter, I have adobeair and mock installed, but using the mock commands just gives me:

ERROR: Could not find required config file: /etc/mock/fedora-14-i386.cfg

I've checked in the directory, fedora-14-i386.cfg isn't there, just a load of stuff refering to Fedora 5, 15, 16, 17 and 18, and nothing refering to Fedora 14. Re-running commands or removing and reinstalling mock doesn't recreate the necessary file.

Trying the "simpler" option without mock isn't working either, I unzip the downloaded libraries to the specified location, but when I run

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/(username)/lib/ "Adobe AIR Application Installer"

or whatever, nothing happens - and I don't get any error messages in the terminal either :bang: