PDA

View Full Version : PHP,my-sql,apache

ewinandar
8th November 2004, 03:48 AM
Dear All,
how can i access/use PHP,My-sql,apache like i use them in Windows..?
The steps i mean.

And is there any software that i can use to manage my-sql like PHPMyAdmin in windows..?

regards,
newbie :-)

blammo
8th November 2004, 04:10 AM
Yes, you can use PHPMyAdmin.

websavages
8th November 2004, 05:25 AM
There are several ways to install and use apache, php & mysql

1. use 'add and remove software' and select the relevant packages
2. install the relevant rmps through the command line
3. download the source and build the packages

last week i upgraded my apache-php-mysql architecture by using a mixture of method 2 and 3. downloaded the source for apache and php5 and then the rpms for mysql 4.1.x (including the devel package)

i first built apache using ./configure, make, make install
then i installed the rpms of mysql. the devel package is needed by php if you don't want to use the builtin mysql module

php was built with a long ./configure command along the lines of
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql.sock --with-apsx2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apsx
then make and make install

please don't cut and paste my configure command line, i can not guarantee the spelling of the apsx (apxs?) directive, have a look at ./configure --help for all the options.

Jman
8th November 2004, 08:35 AM
Use them like you do in Windows. Apache still serves up php webpages and MySQL still serves queries on either platform. You just need a client, like a web browser, to connect to them.

ewinandar
8th November 2004, 09:02 AM
Thanx i'll try.
I'm downloading the softwares (new ver) for linux now.

Anyway,
i can use ms-dos or php-myadmin when accessing my-sql by prompting to my-sql folder.
how can i access it (mysql & php) by linux..?

Actually,
i've tried to start the service by:
/etc/init.d/httpd/
/etc/init.d/mysql/
didn't know how to start php.
didn't know to creat table.

blammo
9th November 2004, 04:14 AM
My guess is that you're using one of those all-inclusive WAMP setups with an intuitive menu selection. Does it include some sort of DOS emulator? In Linux we got a LAMP. It's pretty much the same damn thing as Jman said, only better! There's no icon to click to call up PHPMyAdmin. You gotta go get the program put it in a directory under the web servers root. Then you gotta go into the config file and change around some things to reflect your setup. Then you just call it from your web browser, usually http://localhost/phpmyadmin. It ain't harder, just a little different. Welcome to Linux!

ewinandar
9th November 2004, 07:00 AM
:-)

Thanx a lot.