PDA

View Full Version : "Screenlets" not working

sidebrnz
25th April 2011, 05:17 AM
For the last several years, I've been using several little python programs called Screenlets. (http://screenlets.org/index.php/Information) They worked fine under Gnome, and when I migrated to XFCE, the only difficulty was that they didn't properly autostart. I had to open the screenlet manager and re-launch them. This evening, I made a change to my XFCE configuration by editing a config file then logging out and back in. This was the first time I'd done that since my last reboot, 12 days ago, for a kernel update. Now, they don't start at all and running the manager from a terminal doesn't tell me anything helpful. (At least, it doesn't tell me anything that I find helpful, but somebody who's familiar with python might find something useful there.) There doesn't seem to be any easy way to contact the devs at this point, so I came here to ask if anybody else has seen this or knows what's going on. I'm presuming at this point that one of the recent updates changed something.

sidebrnz
26th April 2011, 10:07 PM
Update: For several days I'd been getting alerts from Firefox that an assertion had failed. Always the same one, but the details might have changed from one to the next. Since logging out and back in (as described above) that's stopped. I don't know if it's related but it might be worth mentioning.