PDA

View Full Version : Tool Bar Problem

Cjk
6th November 2004, 02:52 PM
Hi,

It seems as though I have deleted part of the toolbar for showing which applications are running, For example if I have firestarter firewall running and minimize it, it gets put to the system tray and I can double click on it from there. I have completely lost this and only have the time and sound settings on the right of the toolbar now.

An example of what I mean can be found in this screenshot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ChrisKinsey/Screenshot.png

Notice on the right hand side there are no applications running however I have opened my firewall, gaim etc.

If I log out of my account and log in as the root account the system tray bar appears. So it appears to be only in relation to my account/profile.

I've looked through the options you can add to the panel but cannot for my life find anything resembling it.

Can anyone help? :)

megaprogman
6th November 2004, 03:41 PM
right click panel

add to panel

window list

add

viola

Cjk
6th November 2004, 03:56 PM
That's not the right one unfortunately. The only example I can give is like the system tray in Windows. On the right hand side by the clock it displays icons for all of the currently active applications. For example if you press the [x] button it closes to the system tray, where as if you press the [_] button to minimize it, it goes into the Window list which is in the centre.

Cjk
6th November 2004, 04:20 PM
I've managed to resolve the problem. Your instructions were very close and got me looking in the right area.

Can't believe I couldnt see it originally. I must be blind.

It was the Notification Area I needed to add.

Thanks again.