PDA

View Full Version : gaim-vv - does it work at all?

paicolman
4th November 2004, 07:51 AM
Hi,
I installed "successfully" gaim-vv in my FC2 box, but until now I failed to send my video signal to a partner using msn. I don't do chatting just use MSN to talk with my folks. Searched the linuxquestions.org and the gaim-vv forum for answers with no luck yet. I use an ADSL connection plus standard firewall (from the adsl-setup utility, nothing fancy) so I think that could be it, or it could be that gaim-vv does not see my camera - I have a quickcam express with the qc-usb driver, and it works with apps like xcam or xawtv.

For the moment, gaim-vv has been frustrating, I can use it as normal gaim, though...

Thanks for any help...

asun
4th November 2004, 09:26 AM
I have lobbied to various rpm repositories to carry gaim-vv. I haven't tried to install it myself. I'm interested in this package too. If there's any update, please let me know.

paicolman
5th November 2004, 07:39 AM
...anyone?

spacetec
6th November 2004, 05:03 AM
Try the forum for gaim-vv
http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=102676

imdeemvp
6th November 2004, 06:37 AM
Have you try using gnome-meeting?

paicolman
9th November 2004, 07:45 AM
Hi both,
Yes, I tried the gaim-vv forum with no luck and I could not use gnomemeeting either... I think it must be a firewall thing, but got not time yet to try again, disabling the firewall.

paicolman
11th November 2004, 11:15 AM
My final comment on gaim-vv (it might help someone): Wait until they get it to work with gstreamer. At the moment it's not really functional. gnomemeeting is easier to get to work, maybe toghether with ayttm...