PDA

View Full Version : sound problem, fedora core 2, kde 3.2

swami
30th October 2004, 11:54 PM
Sound worked fine during installation, test sound worked great. Now, sound works, but is extremely quite. Have to turn speakers up all the way just to barely make out sound. All mixers and sound settings I can find are turned up all the way, so I'm kinda stumped. Any suggestions?

-- thanks

sailor
31st October 2004, 07:50 AM
I had same problems with sound not working correctly after install...for my puter I needed to disable "3d control" in the "advanced" settings and then move sliders up (the headphone slider needed to be up for some reason). Other folks have mentioned disabling "PCM", the best advice is try different settings to find a working combination.

DragonIce84
1st November 2004, 12:44 PM
I had quiet sound for a while, had to turn the speakers up quite a lot. However, installing the latest Kernel fixed it for me.

Chimera
2nd November 2004, 07:12 AM
I have this same exact problem. I am running kernel 2.6.8-1.521 and have very very quiet sound, cranked.

It worked fine before I did an update. In fact, it sounded 20x better than WinAmp on Windows because for some reason, I have a lot of popping and static/white noise in Windows.

swami
3rd November 2004, 09:09 AM
Sailor's suggestion worked. Thanks a lot!