PDA

View Full Version : kmail won't send any email

stodge
30th October 2004, 11:08 PM
I can't get kmail to send any mail. I have my send account configured correctly, but the email just sits in the outbox. When I attempt to send queued mail, I get the text "Failed to send (some) queued messages" in the status bar but nothing else. Is there anyway to see what might be wrong?

I'm using Fedora Core 2, which is kmail 1.6.2.

Thanks

crackers
30th October 2004, 11:14 PM
I have my send account configured correctly
Let's start here - are you absolutely sure it's correct? The reason I ask is that the only time I've had KMail fail on sending is when the SMTP server is not setup correctly.

stodge
30th October 2004, 11:53 PM
I'm 100% sure the SMTP configuration is correct. I used exactly the same account details yesterday with Evolution. What's most annoying is that I get zero feedback as to what's wrong from kmail.

Thanks for replying.

crackers
31st October 2004, 02:42 AM
Okay, try starting it from a terminal and see if there are any error messages. (I'm reaching here... ;) )

LinuxHippy
31st October 2004, 02:55 AM
I got that error message when my password wasn't checked as save in the smtp place for kmail-make sure your password for the mail server is being saved.

stodge
31st October 2004, 03:33 AM
Crackers & LinuxHippy - tried both of those. I'm working under the possible assumption that my ISP's server could be screwed. :(

Thanks again :)