PDA

View Full Version : How to position subtitles to the black are in the fullscreen mode?

PeTzZz
30th October 2004, 10:01 PM
In the fullscreen mode of mplayer there are black areas in the top and bottom of the screen, but subtitles can only be shown in the video area. How can I position them also to the black area? I have searced the internet quite a long time already, but haven't got anything useful. At the moment I have to use bsplayer on windows...
:o

I have also tried other videoplayers/their frontends, but in vain.

EDIT
And how to resize the font?

Thanks!
:)

kosmosik
31st October 2004, 01:35 AM
first of all it does not work in every output plugin. I've got it working with -vo sdl does it... the option is -

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/devices.html

For OSD and subtitles use the OSD feature of the expand filter. So, instead of expand=w:h or expand=w:h:x:y, use expand=w:h:x:y:1 (the 5th parameter :1 at the end will enable OSD rendering). You may want to move the image up a bit to get a bigger black zone for subtitles. You may also want to move subtitles up, if they are outside your TV screen, use the -subpos <0-100> option to adjust this (-subpos 80 is a good choice).

PeTzZz
31st October 2004, 01:35 AM
I figured it out at last. To get subtitles to the black area you should run your mplayer frontend with command line arguments:

-vf expand=0:-75:0:20
You can change these numbers to get the best configuration you want.

Fonts and it's size can be configured in the preferences - I misunderstood some things.

Is there any way to edit some .conf files so I don't need to run mplayer from command line all the time? The launcer cannot be edited (hm, but I think it is tweakable, will try it tomorrow).

:)

EDIT
Hehe, thanks, kosmosik, but I figured it out already some times ago from some resources including what you pointed.