PDA

View Full Version : Artist's Spin..?

LittleOne
5th November 2010, 03:32 AM
Has anyone modified Fedora with photo editing, art, and music, as the primary theme..?

ozjd
5th November 2010, 07:03 AM
Maybe the design spin is what you have in mind - http://spins.fedoraproject.org/design/

Dan
5th November 2010, 01:22 PM
+1 for the design spin. DLing as I type.

LittleOne
5th November 2010, 02:53 PM
I'm downloading now.. Now this IS what I've been searching for... oh sigh... This is where the fun Starts...

Anyone got any insite in editing a pix.. how to replace a bit of forest, near a sand beach, with sand, when smudging destroys the texture, and is of no use in this type of edit..?

Dan
5th November 2010, 06:04 PM
In the GIMP:

Use the clone tool, with a large diameter "fuzzy" brush, and replace the intended area with non-moving mouse clicks. But be sure to vary the area you borrow the pixels from in order to avoid the repetitive pattern duplication which is very easily detectable. Note that this is going to take a lot of clicking.

EDIT:

By way of illustration, there have been several (large) possum droppings and a couple of interfering leaves removed from this shot. Your task ... is to figure out where they used to be.

<..:p..> (HINT: One edited area is still extremely obvious. But the shot ran at a third the original size, so the final published edit was indistinguishable.)

"I HATE plastic trash cans!" (http://www.zyloo-enterprises.com/storage/temp/wild-art/night-time-visitor.jpg)

LittleOne
5th November 2010, 09:45 PM
Would be sweet if one could easily customize the vines brush to run any sample... Is there a sampler for vines..? Maybe there should be a sand brush...

Dan
5th November 2010, 09:58 PM
Any and all of which you can create and store locally. If you're going to begin an adventure in the GIMP, I suggest you install the GIMP help files and browser, and then spend a day exploring the possibilities. And if you would rather learn from a printed book, (that's my favorite way) I strongly recommend this one. http://gimpbook.com/

LittleOne
6th November 2010, 01:36 AM
WhooH! it's been decades since I read a book.. but it seems I must now... Um.. just turn the pages after reading the words on each one, right?..
I yousta read novels by tearing out the last page, and readin only that, and tossing the rest in the trash...
Book collectors don't wanna hear what I did to $500 art books...
It's gonna be a fun ride getting right into Gimp...

Dan
6th November 2010, 06:00 AM
Hmmmm.

Seems like we're not exactly, "on the same page," then <..:p..>

Book Borrower

I am a mild man, you’ll agree,
But red my rage is,
When folks who borrow books from me
Turn down their pages.

Or when a chap a book I lend,
And find he’s loaned it
Without permission to a friend—
As if he owned it.

But worst of all I hate those crooks
(May hell-fires burn them!)
Who beg the loan of cherished books
And don’t return them.

My books are tendrils of myself
No shears can sever . . .
May he who rapes one from its shelf
Be damned forever.

LittleOne
6th November 2010, 06:37 AM
Same page.. er..Yes... I'm funnin'.. and in truth, I ain't into book collecting.. I write a lot of new stuff.. Stuff the world has never known... I don't read because I don't want others writing styles to pollute mine... But I don't even collect the stuff I write.. I burn it.. This stuff is way too dangerous for our hateful loveless culture to know.. like the time I was in ultra deep trance, exploring the meanings of life.. and a bunch of top level things suddenly all came together.. and I wished humanity could be seeing the thought visual I was seeing.. Suddenly a ghostly apparition appeared a couple feet from me, at my 2:oclock.. what looked to be seven books viewed as a stack... I focused on one.. It opened as the block diagrams of a huge electronic device.. I skipped to book three, which was the power-supplies of the device.. then to book seven, which was way beyond me, then to book five, which was the bench manual of the core of a thought recorder and playback device...
I documented and sketched feverishly for a straight hour and a half.. then pushed away from the table for a little break, to ease my bad case of writer's cramp, and to care for my headache.. is when I realized that America would modify this technology to neutralize the brains of whole nations via satellite... Sadly, I took the bundle of notes out into the parking lot, and burned them... Since then I've burned over 80-thousand pages of notes beyond what humanity has written... Had to.. Humans would have only hurt Life with these technologies... Can't be giving dangerous toys to bad kiddies...

I've been photo editing 7-years, 2-years with Gimp... It'll be fun to get into building brushes...

Update:

This morn I woke at 6:AM with a super nasty migraine headache, with sensations like something was actually sucking on my head, top left hemi ("sexual center")... That ain't where data is stored.. the beast was feeding only... Seems a blackhead remote viewer wants the technology to damage brains from satellite... This science can't be stolen by evil.. it just can't.. Evil Cannot steal love... That attacker is thus marked for recyclement... You creatures just gotta learn love.. Without love there is no future... Without love and respect you get nothing new... Without love you are essentially falling into oblivion... And besides.. if you got some of my data you won't have the capacity to process it.. You would see it as gibberish only.. It comes from minimum 28% mind usage.. You brain-suckers are operating at 3% to 8%... If you tried to process thought on these levels you would "melt your brain"... You Can't steal what is acquired by absolute love and innocence from absolute love, for love of life.. It's like "rock can't procreate"... The reason humanity is stagnant, not getting anything new is because humanity has lost all respect for love, innocence, life, and humanity... Why do you think all your ancient greats stressed the importance of love..?