PDA

View Full Version : 100% fedora

kf6kmx
25th May 2004, 09:14 PM
Well, am now 100% Fedora on my Linux installations now.. Had to do some work on the Dell laptop that was going t orequire a reinstall, so I migrated it from Gentoo to Fedora Core2

Now all my Linux machines are sharing the same OS :D

ghaefb
25th May 2004, 09:24 PM
that's nice... :\

blahrus
25th May 2004, 09:27 PM
I don't think you have enought computers.

NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Ug
25th May 2004, 10:16 PM
This old box (P2 450mhz) is pure FC2.

Linner
15th June 2004, 10:43 PM
99% fedora
1% DOS

foolish
16th June 2004, 12:40 AM
Both my computers run Fedora, I haven't converted my father yet, mostly because he's needs full ms office compability for work.

ghaefb
16th June 2004, 01:07 AM
My personal box is pure FC2.

And I forced my parents to use Fedora, and now our family computer is pure FC1 :)
My father complained at first... because one day I just deleted whole windows paartition and installed FC1.

Ug
16th June 2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by foolish
Both my computers run Fedora, I haven't converted my father yet, mostly because he's needs full ms office compability for work. My family are going over to a Mandrake 10 Powerpack soon. (Crossover Office and VMWare are included...)

Thoreau
16th June 2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by ghaefb
My father complained at first... because one day I just deleted whole windows paartition and installed FC1.

i'd complain too, until i start using Fedora :)

zulaica
16th June 2004, 07:54 AM
i'm almost there. i've been testing distro after distro and have finally found something that's getting me close to full functionality.

now if we can just get those pesky gatos drivers and firewire functionality up to par, i'll be 96.38% fc2!

Scoob_E
16th June 2004, 08:52 AM
I've been 100% linux and 100% Fedora for a few months now... even my workstation at work (im in IT so i can get away with kicking winblows off my machine...). At first I thought I would be using wine alot to run things, but I've found replacements (some of them better than what I was using)... I've been playing with Linux for a few years and am glad to see that it's finally becoming a viable windows replacement

just my .02
scoob

crackers
16th June 2004, 04:48 PM
I'm 5 for 5 - 3 workstations, 1 laptop at home, and 1 workstation at work. I'm not in IT, but I'm a crusty old phart who can basically get away with it 'cause I'm obnoxious...

Damn, that's fun!

krystof
17th June 2004, 08:16 AM
I've been playing with Linux for a few years and am glad to see that it's finally becoming a viable windows replacement...

I sincerely hope this will be getting better and better.

Scoob_E
17th June 2004, 09:24 AM
I think I can speak for almost everyone (and be sure they feel the same) in saying we all do... Linux has come a long way since I did my first install... well lets just say a long time ago... but its still quite not there for the average joe (well it is, just needs some polish). Its great for grand parents who only want to surf the web and send email (plus ssh makes it a breeze to fix things they break... no more 2 hour car ride to reinstall winblows). We just need a few more replacement apps and a little better hardware support (which I'm sure will come with all the recent intrest in linux in the corperate world...). Before I get too far OT, i guess the point I was saying is Fedora and the comunity around it (and some other distro's) are helping to make Linux a reliable, easy to use alternative to M$

scoob

Picomp314
17th June 2004, 09:31 AM
yeah i certainly agree, instead of going to my friend's house to fix their problems i can simply ssh in, and voila; I can give shell accounts to my friends who want to try programming out, and If i want i can even set up a VNC server and give them graphical sessions, all for free...