PDA

View Full Version : Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! Behold this announcement!

Dan
9th August 2010, 11:03 PM
Well, folks, there have been some changes made in the forum staff today. For those who haven't figured it out already, I'll let you struggle on a bit longer. For those who have, here's the short and sweet of it.

1) Being a staff flunky around here isn't exactly all it's cracked up to be, and as we're all volunteers, the only way we really have of rewarding excellence in performance ... is a promotion deeper into the pits of HE... uh ... I mean, the hierarchy, and a spanking new title only slightly tarnished by those who came before ... and unfettered access into the deepest of guano filled back chambers of the bat cave. <..:eek:..>

2) There's nothing more sorry looking than a good mechanic working on a tough project with little more than the cyber-equivelent of baling wire and bubble gum. In short ... worthy mechanics need good tools.

Soooooooo ....

*[Drum roll here.]*

Please help us in welcoming the following long suffering CMs into the properly befitting stewardship of ... forum Administrators.

Dangermouse
Evil_Bert
GallComp
glennzo
and the ever stoic stoat.

Be nice to 'em, guys ...

Or else ....

<..:p..>

beighes
9th August 2010, 11:36 PM
Congratulations to ALL! And, my sincere thanks to the majority, whose posts, comments & suggestions on the forums have helped keep my electronic note taker / abacus / photo album running.
Cheers,
Steve

smr54
10th August 2010, 01:19 AM
Congrats to all of them--you guys do a heck of a job, both in front of, and behind the scenes.

glennzo
10th August 2010, 02:17 AM
Crap! You take a few days off and look what happens. There's just a bigger pile of work in the inbox. At least I get new buttons (links) to play with! What's this red one do? :p

tox
10th August 2010, 02:23 AM
have fun with your new exciting toys all. last but least bout time Alfred got Admin status

stevea
10th August 2010, 02:31 AM
Please help us in welcoming the following long suffering CMs into the properly befitting stewardship of ... forum Administrators.

Dangermouse
Evil_Bert
GallComp
glennzo

Be nice to 'em, guys ...

All great contributors to the forum, but perhaps they've taken a great hobby, and turned it into a job.

I see my role here a bit like Michael Palin's
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-572077907195969915#

Be nice to 'em, guys ...
Why change a good thing ?

Boricua
10th August 2010, 08:30 AM
Congrats to all of them--you guys do a heck of a job, both in front of, and behind the scenes.

I agree :)

John the train
10th August 2010, 08:54 AM
Congratulations - and commiserations! - guys.

bob
10th August 2010, 01:17 PM
Of course, with total access to vBulletin and the urge to test their wings, you may expect a few glitches initially. (FedoraForum crash anticipated in 5-4-3-2..... ) :D

forkbomb
10th August 2010, 01:19 PM
Congrats. If I ever meet you guys in real life, remind me to buy you a free beer. :p

PatMcLJr
10th August 2010, 04:31 PM
Congratulations.

Nothing like new management.

Pat Jr.

dragonbite
10th August 2010, 05:57 PM
Congratz!

So, when can we have to stop being nice ;)

Naw... looking forward to future discussions.

As for the first part of the original post, have no fear

I'm clueless :confused:

Congratz all!

beighes
11th August 2010, 02:29 AM

Hmmmm...........not too many were interested in that request.

Steve

Iron_Mike
11th August 2010, 03:20 AM

Dangermouse
Evil_Bert
GallComp
glennzo

Be nice to 'em, guys ...

Or else ....

<..:p..>

Man, you guys are in for it now. See what happens when you go incognito for a bit, you get volunteered for every dangerous mission that comes along.......:p Congrats gentlemen!

dragonbite
11th August 2010, 01:13 PM
Here's the company uniform.. a red shirt (don't mind the phaser holes).