PDA

View Full Version : Yum Update Problem

STEVE555
5th August 2010, 01:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm currently using Fedora 14 for some time.I have been using Yum to update,but since the last week or so,I keep getting these dependency problems with yum.I have attached the error messages in a text file to this post.

Would someone be able to tell me if the issue is going to be resolved soon?or is there a certain package to remove to let yum update?

Regards,
STEVE555

glennzo
5th August 2010, 03:07 PM
Steve. It's not at all unusual to see dependency errors when you're playing with Rawhide or whatever F14 is called this week. Happens all the time. Alas, I'm on a Windows machine so I can't (or I don't know how to) read the attached file sucessfully. Maybe yum --skip-broken or something of that sort until the deps are resolved?

kurtdriver
5th August 2010, 03:17 PM
The updates thread has had a couple of discussions of this topic. The problem the last week or so, is with python, they're working on it and it just takes a little patience.
The best way to share an error message is not to attach a file but to copy and paste it into your post. Using code tags helps.

karo1170
5th August 2010, 06:04 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm currently using Fedora 14 for some time.I have been using Yum to update,but since the last week or so,I keep getting these dependency problems with yum.I have attached the error messages in a text file to this post.

Would someone be able to tell me if the issue is going to be resolved soon?or is there a certain package to remove to let yum update?

Regards,
STEVE555

You can try to run "yum update" (without the --skip-broken). This should give you an error message, which dependency is missing.

( I had to remove a package called python-pyblock, after this updating python works for me.)

Cordialement
karo

STEVE555
5th August 2010, 08:11 PM
Hi guys,
I just tried yum update on it's own.I found the two offending packages that were causing the problem.The packages were Alchemist and Hugin-base.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me,I'm sorry for the noise to a simple problem.

Regards,
STEVE555

GoinEasy9
6th August 2010, 12:00 AM
After a long wait, yum update is now working again. Still needs a --skip-broken, but, all the python stuff came in.