PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't livecd-creator save settings after HDD install?

PryGuy
27th July 2010, 08:31 PM
Good day, I use livecd-creator to make custom spins. I import settings the following way in my .ks file:
gconftool-2 --direct --config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults -s -t list --list-type string /apps/panel/applets/clock/prefs/cities '[<location name="Москва" timezone="Europe/Moscow" latitude="55.650002" longitude="37.266666" code="UUWW" current="true"/>]' >/dev/null(This one configures the weather applet for instance).
Everything's fine when I run the LiveCD itself, but I lose all the settings after the installer copies the LiveCD contents on my hard disk. Please help! Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM CDT ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM CDT ----------

I tried the following method:

%post --nochroot
cp -r /path/to/saved/folder/.gconf $INSTALL_ROOT/etc/skel
%end
The 'gconf' folder was copied from a LiveCD session and put into /var/skel again. Hope this works.

But I can't get two things:
1. Why the /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults data is not applied to the hard disk installations and where the 'default' hard disk installation settings are from then?
2. I'm absolutely sure there should be a less sophisticated way to solve my problem.

Any ideas?

Dies
27th July 2010, 09:49 PM
1. Why the /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults data is not applied to the hard disk installations and where the 'default' hard disk installation settings are from then?
Not sure :confused:

Unless something has changed, all the installer really does is copy the image over and resize it.

2. I'm absolutely sure there should be a less sophisticated way to solve my problem.
You can always add your settings to one of the "live" scripts, so that once installed they are re-applied, while you're there you might as well turn those off and delete them. ;)