PDA

View Full Version : How to Install KDE 3.3.1 on FC2?

iveo
15th October 2004, 11:44 AM
Hi!

I'm quite new to Linux and I am trying to Update my KDE 3.2 Installation to KDE 3.3.1 on FC2 with the FC2 RPM Packages which I downloaded.

What I did...

Went into GNOME - opened console - became Superuser (root) and went to the folder where the KDE rpms are. Then gave it the following command:

rpm -Fvh *

This was supposed to update all packages that are currently installed with the rpms.

All I got was Errors like:

"Error: open of df300021884289498332923eab38d failed: File or Directory not found"

-> this error is the translation of my german error - hope it fits the "real" english error...

So now my question:

What did I do wrong? How can I do right? - How did you guys update? (I don't want to do this with yum - bec. I already downloaded all of the packages)

Any Idea how to accomplish an installation of KDE 3.3.1? :( :confused:

Thanks in advance! :)

//EDIT

sorry - i think that i picked the wrong topic - maybe somebody should move this thread to "install problems" board

Lenard
15th October 2004, 02:12 PM
If you have any other non-RPM files (the md5sum file for example) in the directory where the KDE RPM's are downloaded use the command 'rpm -Fvh *.rpm' without the quotes instead.

iveo
15th October 2004, 02:42 PM
hey - thx!

seems that this was the reason for my errors - now i only gut some failed dependencies - but thats it - hmmm....

:)

//EDIT

wohooow - it worx! *gg* thx a lot! :D