PDA

View Full Version : persistent yum update error dejavu

smoker
10th July 2010, 09:38 AM
Hi,

I have been getting a curious error with yum update recently. This has been happening since the release of the updates to the dejavu fonts.
Basically, if the dejavu updates are selected then updates fail. I uncheck the dejavu updates and everything else updates fine.

Trying to update dejavu by themselves results in "no transaction to process" error.

I was kind of hoping that this would be noticed upstream and dealt with, but after several update cycles the problem persists. I can't remove the dejavu fonts because half the software on the machine would be removed as well !

I've attached a screenshot of the offending items.

Any tips ? (other than telling yum to ignore dejavu updates)

Thanks

smoker
10th July 2010, 09:44 AM
Quick update,

I found the reason - I had conflicting versions of dejavu on the system. using rpm -e I got rid of the conflicting versions, and now the update works fine.

Thanks.

glennzo
10th July 2010, 09:57 AM
Hello Smoker. What errors do you get if you run yum update from the command line?

Nevermind :rolleyes:

smoker
10th July 2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks Glenn.

I had run yum from the command line several times but not spotted the difference in version. Word blindness I guess.

Typical, post a problem then find the answer immediately !

:D

glennzo
10th July 2010, 10:14 AM
At least it's all sorted, for now. Sometimes I wish yum was a physical "thing" that I could tear out of the computer and strangle.