PDA

View Full Version : Boot problem

cbuffer
29th June 2010, 10:33 PM
I recently installed Fedora13 and it worked perfectly. Two day later I replaced Mint 8 with Mint 9 on another partition. Fedora now throws up <fsck ext4 Unable to resolve 'UUID-13564082-61d2-4683-ba0b-41d6220660fl'> when trying to boot. Can someone suggest what the problem might be. My /home directory is on a separate partition and contains cbuffer-mint and cbuffer-fedora sub-directories to avoid user ID conflicts.

TIA

Ken

stoat
30th June 2010, 01:36 AM
Hello cbuffer,

I would try to find out which partition that is. I'm wondering if it is that shared home partition and maybe its UUID was changed when Mint 9 was installed. That might invalidate the fstab entry in Fedora. It's a theory anyway. In Mint, or a LiveCD, or an install disk in rescue mode, run blkid. If you find that it is that home partition, then study Fedora's fstab to see if you need to change the UUID of the home partition there. No promises, but no harm looking either.

cbuffer
5th July 2010, 10:37 PM
Thank you Stoat. I did as you suggested. Mint hadn't changed the uuid but it had pointed Fedora to an earlier Suse installation ! Set that right and all was fine except that Mint in so flakey that I've decided to dump it. Am very impressed with Fedora 13, even set up my USB wireless dongle with little pain - Netgear N-300.

Ken