PDA

View Full Version : Systemd + nfs mounts

jvillain
17th June 2010, 08:26 PM
After reading this article I thought I would take systemd for a burn.
http://fedoranext.wordpress.com/

Seems to work OK with the exception that I have an NFS mount that needs to be made at boot time which isn't happening. When Amarok comes up and wants to access my music which is down the network it fails. The nfs mount is defined in my fstab. rpc.mountd is stopped.

Does any one know how systemd is supposed to handle this? Do we need to set up a specific service to mount nfs shares or is there some thing else at play or does this just sound like a bug? Any ideas?

SlowJet
17th June 2010, 09:40 PM
systemd is not complete for some things and is not being installed by default yet.
So yes, it should be discussed on the test list but it can not be a bug until it is setup to actually do that with a new script and fails.
Systemd sounds like a cool new startup tool
but noone here is going to know much about systemd, yet.

SJ

jvillain
18th June 2010, 01:25 AM
Whats with the 'tude? They stick things into rawhide so people can test them. I'm testing. Any thing that doesn't work as designed is a bug by definition.

If any one is interested I was able to get around the problem by using autofs to handle the nfs mount. The next issue is that reboot doesn't seem to work. It blanks the screen instantly though. Still trying to figure out what it's up to after that.

Dies
18th June 2010, 04:13 AM
Whats with the 'tude?
I thought he was being nice and honest, but hey what do I know...