PDA

View Full Version : smoother fonts like ubuntu..?

hightower
7th June 2010, 06:34 PM
hi, tried everything now including installing freetype-freeworld.

no matter what setting, i can't make it come close to the smoothness of ubuntu, and i am not even going to mention w7.

i can't seem to find any good guides for F13, but guides to fix this shouldn't be necessary. locking threads isn't a solution. so when is fedora going to fix this? if they are serious about making a distro for desktop users, they should work on this - it's a thorn in the eye, and not something you'd expect to see in 2010.

Dan
7th June 2010, 06:57 PM
OKey dokey.

Welcome aboard, but I've just about had my fill of this entire subject.

1) Yes, it needs work.
2) No. This is NOT the place to address the developers about this issue.
3) Your very first post -- bringing this problem here, rather than over at the project where it can actually be addressed -- and parking it in the guides section -- is very close to trolling. Especially given the fact you've obviously noticed previous threads on the issue have had to be closed. That (trolling this subject -- again) would be a bad thing. We would not likely react well.

So, by way of a constructive solution, please take this over to the fedora communications page, and join such mailing list, IRC channels and/or constructive projects as may be needed to fix the problem. You will find the signature links in my signature block. It will lead you to a post of links. The one you want, and need, is labeled COMMUNICATE.

Thanks.

Thread moved to the gripes section ... then summarily closed!