PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 13 Gnome Theme

MorphingDragon
27th May 2010, 08:15 AM
Honestly IMO, Fedora 13 has got to have the best default Gnome theme. Making anything GTK look nice is well... skilled. I like the little touches added when Compiz is enabled too. :D

But there are some things that could improve polish and overall feel. I know that the devs don't necessarily look at this, but Im hoping someone will direct me to a place they will.

The Missing Menu Bar Icons - Insignificant?.. maybe. But its things like this that add to the overall polish. More specifically, after the update, it added two SELinux apps to the menu bars... no Icons. It might just be because I've been working so much with Mac OSX but that really stuck out, and I :(ed a little. Oh and the Wine icons. ;)

Firefox Dropdown list arrows - If you want to more of an idea of what I mean. On the default Fedora webpage, theres a dropdown list arrow, and it looks like it belongs on Windows Classic. That's what Im talking about. I know your policy is strict, but can't you do something about this? It sorta... removes from the experience.

Anywho... back to making money...

Oh yes, thank-you for making the cluster management app actually launch in this release! :cool:

RahulSundaram
27th May 2010, 08:50 AM
Hi

The default GNOME theme in Fedora is Clearlooks which is the upstream default theme as well. You can post to

http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/usability

Missing menu icons are bugs and bug reports have been filed and would be fixed in updates

Firefox theme is inherited from GNOME but not the same as Firefox is not a native GTK application but merely mimics the look and feel. You can file bug reports if you have any issues with that.

RahulSundaram
27th May 2010, 08:50 AM
Hi

The default GNOME theme in Fedora is Clearlooks which is the upstream default theme as well. You can post to

http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/usability

Missing menu icons are bugs and bug reports have been filed and would be fixed in updates

Firefox theme is inherited from GNOME but not the same as Firefox is not a native GTK application but merely mimics the look and feel. You can file bug reports if you have any issues with that.