PDA

View Full Version : pidgin 2.7 chat window width

kto
23rd May 2010, 12:16 AM
Hi guys!
I updated pidgin to 2.7.0 and now my chat-window seems to have a minimum width, which is too big (about 550px I think). Also, the width seems to be related to the display width (it is smaller on my notebook, around 435px).
I can't find an option in the settings-dialog to modify this behavior. Is this supposed to be a feature or is it a bug? If it's a feature, is there a way to disable this? Beacause it really sucks :(

Regards,
Klaas

---------- Post added 2010-05-23 at 01:16 AM CDT ---------- Previous post was 2010-05-22 at 02:53 PM CDT ----------

Haha, I found the problem. It had nothing to do with version 2.7, it was my fault. I clicked on "ungroup items" in the formatting toolbar. That resulted in a lot more icons in this toolbar and pidgin wants, that they are visible at all times as it seems. So if you happen to have been as dumb as I was, you can solve this, by right-clicking in an empty space in the formatting toolbar and then click on "group items" or click on options -> show formatting toolbars.
Sorry that I stole some of your precious time with this stupid problem which turned out to be the result of me being an idiot.