PDA

View Full Version : Error with system updates

dougal
4th April 2010, 06:47 PM
I have installed Fedora today but, the following came up after the first system updates attempt:

Error Type: <class 'yum.Errors.RepoError'>
Error Value: Error getting repository data for installed, repository not found
File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3125, in <module>
main()
File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 3122, in main
backend.dispatcher(sys.argv[1:])
File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 710, in dispatcher
self.dispatch_command(args[0], args[1:])
File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 657, in dispatch_command
self.update_packages(only_trusted, package_ids)
File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1948, in update_packages
signed = self._is_package_repo_signed(pkg)
File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 1437, in _is_package_repo_signed
repo = self.yumbase.repos.getRepo(pkg.repoid)
File : /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/repos.py, line 121, in getRepo
'Error getting repository data for $s, repository not found' $ (repoid)

Any ideas anyone. How should I proceed?
I joined the Red Hat bugs thing but, it is so complicated to follow on reporting a bug that I gave up.

Any help gratefully received.

rusmus
5th April 2010, 12:59 AM
I believe there are several threads on this topic. Here is one:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=243329

dougal
5th April 2010, 07:02 AM
Yes, thanks for that pointer. I have carried out the terminal command which, took care of what looks like 99% of the updates. The broken package is abrt. Do you know if there is a fix coming or already out for this?
I am new to Fedora and not familiar with things yet.
Reading other threads shows abrt is something to do with updating of the system - am I correct in thinking so?

Thanks again for your help.

CSchwangler
5th April 2010, 07:45 AM
Reading other threads shows abrt is something to do with updating of the system - am I correct in thinking so?

No, abrt is an automatic bug reporting tool (for kernel crashes etc.) and has nothing to do with system updates.

dougal
5th April 2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for your input CSchwangler. I tried using it when prompted to do so when an error came up but, I could not enter any text, i.e; copy and paste. Maybe it does not work this way???

CSchwangler
6th April 2010, 09:50 AM
It sends predefined information (stack trace) to the developers. The only thing you can add is information on how to reproduce the problem. And you have to click the checkbox which says that the stack trace doesn't contain sensitive information.