PDA

View Full Version : Wireless connections not detected

OneHarsh
28th March 2010, 04:26 PM
I installed Fedora 11. I am using HP dv4 series. But, I am not able to access any of the wireless connections. Please tell me what should I do?

stoat
28th March 2010, 05:09 PM
I am not able to access any of the wireless connections.Hello OneHarsh,

By that, do you mean that you see a list of available networks in the NetworkManager panel applet icon and just cannot connect to them? Or do you mean that you do not see a list of available networks even though you are in range of some? If you meant the former, what exactly is happening when you try to connect? If you meant the latter, then you may need to install something for your wireless card (e.g., a driver or firmware). For that, identify the chipset of the wireless card. If it's using the PCI bus, then the wireless network controller will be identified in the output of this...
lspciIf it's using the Universal Serial Bus, then this may produce something to identify the chipset...
lsusb

OneHarsh
29th March 2010, 05:55 PM
my problem is latter..
and, it dint help.. what should i do?

OneHarsh
29th March 2010, 07:45 PM
the routers are strong enough.. I have two OS - Win 7 and Linux.. and the routers are being detected on Win. I am not even that big a geek. I just started with OSS out of curiousness.

stoat
29th March 2010, 09:37 PM
my problem is latter..
and, it dint help.. what should i do? What didn't help? The "latter" issue involved potentially needing to install a driver. Did you install something? If not, what did you find out about the chipset?