PDA

View Full Version : How is it possible at all?

consular
4th March 2010, 12:07 AM
You so strange, guys. I cannot realize, how can you use this system at all. I tried to install it over different hardware, and my conclusion is that Fedora, including most recent version, DOES NOT SUPPORT ANY MODERN VIDEO DEVICES. Particulary, NVIDIA cards at least from 7XXX gt numbers. Just now I tried NV GT220: I see initial srceen telling about loading in 10 seconds, and then -black screen, but keyboard responds, changing numlock status. Moreover, few years ago, and now, too, I tried to install Fedora upon MS VirtualPC, and even here screen freezed in non-workable mode. What does it mean, for what you use this strange product -Fedora core? No such problems I have with Mandriva, for example.

pete_1967
4th March 2010, 12:14 AM
We're the 1337 of the 1337, that's why and how.

Nokia
4th March 2010, 12:22 AM
I have no need for a videocard and monitor, but I read emails through my SPDIF and use POE to connect to my wireless hub. :cool:

consular
4th March 2010, 12:23 AM
Thats great, but how can I install tha all?

Nokia
4th March 2010, 12:27 AM
P.S. :cool:I guess I'm blind too...:confused:

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM CST ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM CST ----------

No need to install anything. Just go along and it'll come to you :cool:

stoat
4th March 2010, 12:34 AM
Hello consular,

I think you can see what is happening here. So to spare you from it, I closed this thread and moved it to a more appropriate subforum for venting. Please think of a way to ask a specific support question without provocative rhetoric and start a new thread.

bob
4th March 2010, 01:32 AM
This is the FIRST and LAST time that I'll insert a follow-up comment to a CM closure on a thread, but please read this thread: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=239805 Same card and he's kind enough to give you step-by-step instructions. Hope you are able to get it working. If not, as Stoat says, calm down and start a new thread, asking for assistance.