PDA

View Full Version : how to install logon themes on F12?

lolveley
24th February 2010, 11:30 PM
hello,

in the menu system / preferencies / appearance (or something like that) I have the button "get more themes", I went on the html page, and I saw that I was able to choose some logon screens to install.
good!
but when I download the ".tar.gz" file, I drag it on the "appearance" window and I have an error message telling me the file is not a valid theme.

and this for many logon compressed files!

do you know how I can install such files?

olivier.

Demz
24th February 2010, 11:54 PM
you cant use Logon themes with the New GDM

lolveley
24th February 2010, 11:56 PM
hi,

what is "the new GDM"?
how can I proceed?

olivier

Demz
25th February 2010, 12:02 AM
hi,

what is "the new GDM"?
how can I proceed?

olivier
what DE are you using? Gnome or KDE? GDM is the Gnome Display Manager

lolveley
25th February 2010, 12:06 AM
I use fedora 12 with gnome 2.28.2 .
don't know what a DE is ...

doyinosin
21st March 2010, 06:03 PM
DE stands for desktop environment. Can anyone please tell how to upgrade from gnome 2.26 to 2.28 and how to change and install GDM themes if possible

enteFinal
21st March 2010, 08:40 PM
DE stands for desktop environment. Can anyone please tell how to upgrade from gnome 2.26 to 2.28 and how to change and install GDM themes if possible

You can't to install themes for the GDM of actual Fedora. If you want to personalize the login screen, to install another display manager, as KDM (KDE dependent).

doyinosin
22nd March 2010, 08:43 AM
Ok thanks. In that case, can KDM work with Gnome and how do i install and configure/customize it. I have KDE installed but can't use it coz the graphics card on my desktop is not so powerful and my system's slow when it's running KDE

vivyogesh
11th September 2010, 06:57 AM
ya i agree with you DEMZ....i am using gnome as DE. i need to install login themes what to do