PDA

View Full Version : OpenOffice.org - SeLinux

AlphaTwin
23rd February 2010, 12:29 PM
OpenOffice is killing me,

I downloaded and installed it from their website. Every thing looked great, execpt SElinux won't let me run it. I put SElinux in permissive mode, still no go. So I thought I'd uninstall it and try and figure out how to install it from the repositories, also no go, says it's not installed. So I thought I'd try and install it again then uninstall it. Again no go, says it's already installed. I finally used the gui add/remove software. That seems to have killed it.

So I have 2 questions:

1.) how the hell do I get selinux to except OpenOffice, I notice it's a bug report since Fedora 6.

2.) Can I just iinstall it from the Repositories? Maybe something like yum -y openoffice.org*

Thanks
Eric

drunkahol
23rd February 2010, 01:00 PM
Do a

yum list | grep openoffice.org

first to see what OpenOffice.org packages are available - there's more than a few now with the language packs.

Then install them with something like

yum install openoffice.org-writer openoffice.org-calc openoffice.org-base

Cheers

Duncan

AlphaTwin
23rd February 2010, 01:17 PM
Ya I already did the grep, it comes up with a pretty hefty list. I wasn't sure how much of it I needed. Didn't know if I could just get away with the basics like Write, Calc ...

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM CST ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM CST ----------

You the Man !

That did it. Why the heck doesn't selinux let the full install from OpenOffice.org work?