PDA

View Full Version : Pervasive software

equusport
15th February 2010, 08:02 PM
I anyone familiar with its install. I have it installed fedora 12 and it shows as a user at login. Askes for password have no idea what that should be, root and user will not login in and open the program. What should be the procedure?

Hlingler
15th February 2010, 08:14 PM
What are you talking about ? What "pervasive software" ? Screenshot ?

V

madhavdiwan
15th February 2010, 08:17 PM
root can not normally log in to the gui in fedora 12, this is a recent security enhancement.
to login , when you see the gui for login , type ctl-alt-f2
get a terminal prompt
login using root for the username and roots password that you put in when you installed Fedora.

then at the command prompt .. run

adduser name-of new user-account-to add

for example:

adduser equssport

then give that new user a password

passwd equssport

exit

ctl-alt-f1

login to the gui login screen using your new useraccount and password

equusport
15th February 2010, 09:14 PM
pervasive sql v.9. Without screen shoot, i have my logon or pervasive, and now equusport in the logon screen. All show in the users of the server. Pervasive shows a user password of 5 stars. I did not put such there, the install did. I assume that there is a way in the cmd prompt to edit the passwood of pervasive to something that will cause that user to open. I have no idea what the gui will display after that. This is after all a new process for me. I need pervasive for my accounting software and thus i need it operational to test in a multiuser linux tsclient system.

Hlingler
15th February 2010, 09:20 PM
Pervasive shows a user password of 5 stars. I did not put such there, the install did. ... I have no idea what the gui will display after that.Well: if the password for user='pervasive' is pre-configured and already in the form field, why not just hit <ENTER> and see what happens ? :)
I assume that there is a way in the cmd prompt to edit the passwood of pervasive to something that will cause that user to open.You can (as root-user) change that user's password - read: man passwd.
pervasive sql v.9. ... I need pervasive for my accounting software and thus i need it operational to test in a multiuser linux tsclient system.Ah: this is specialty stuff ? Might help if you post where you got it, and other details that may help us to understand what it is.

V

equusport
15th February 2010, 09:33 PM
well i did the just enter idea before i started, opened man passwd and not sure what to do after that gave a lot of info and then the :

I apologize for ignorrance here i have a small working knowledge of fedora, i have been with windows/dos since '85 and have a pretty good working knowledge of the cmd which helps here sort of.

So now it is a new set of processes.

kyryder
15th February 2010, 10:13 PM
Hello,
To set a password for user1, in a terminal you would type :

su -
passwd user1

Hope this helps,

Ky

equusport
15th February 2010, 10:27 PM
3 users

brad
equusport
pervasive psql

pervasive password is the one that needs changing and is unavailable (grey out) in the gui the other 2 are alterable

madhavdiwan
16th February 2010, 02:29 AM
if all yuou want is to be the pervasive user ..

1) login to a desktop using your own account

2) open a terminal on the desktop and become root user by issuing the su - command and the root users pasword

3) as root run su - pervasive

After doing this
if you want to make it easier to run commands as the pervasive user then please look into using the sudo command with the /etc/sudoers configuration file