PDA

View Full Version : Edit Menu

Setarkos
16th January 2010, 11:25 AM
Hi there

I am running F12 and using a separate partition for file storage and I mainly want to edit the Places Menu to access the folders I want by clicking eg. "Music".

I am not sure if alacarte is a solution since the only menus to edit are "Applications" and "System", anyway, it crashes and I cant edit anything via alacarte (permissions are correct). For example when I move one Item down I get a bug report and nothing changes but if start alacarte again the Item has moved down. Apart from that I cant add or edit anything.

Bug report:
Summary: TB92dfadfd posixpath.py:82:split:AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line 95, in loadUpdates
item_id = os.path.split(items[iter][3].get_desktop_file_path())[1]
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/posixpath.py", line 82, in split
i = p.rfind('/') + 1
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rfind'

Local variables in innermost frame:
p: None

Still, the main issue here is editing the "Places"-directories

Thanks in advance

Dangermouse
16th January 2010, 12:21 PM
If i understand correctly then all you need to do is open up nautilus and just drag drop etc..

Setarkos
16th January 2010, 11:57 PM
If i understand correctly then all you need to do is open up nautilus and just drag drop etc..

Doesnt work with a separate partition - the folders get copied but the originals remain in the user-folder.

What about the alacarte-problem? would like to add the Education-Menu...

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM CST ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM CST ----------

Okay although I didn't get alacarte working the Education-sub menu appeared when I installed a program for that sub menu.

The problem with the Places menu remains... any ideas?