PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Abrt

theAdmiral
16th January 2010, 04:11 AM
My Automatic Bug Reporting Tool has been notifying me of bugs when closing Firefox and VLC. It does not say what to do with the bugs, or any other description thereof. It just gives the status that the bugs are not reported. What do I do with this, please?

Thank you,

Demz
16th January 2010, 04:27 AM
My Automatic Bug Reporting Tool has been notifying me of bugs when closing Firefox and VLC. It does not say what to do with the bugs, or any other description thereof. It just gives the status that the bugs are not reported. What do I do with this, please?

Thank you,

have you got a Redhat Bugzilla account? if not dont worry about it,

theAdmiral
16th January 2010, 04:31 AM
Demz,

Hi, there! I do have a Bugzilla account.

Thanks,

Demz
16th January 2010, 04:35 AM
Demz,

Hi, there! I do have a Bugzilla account.

Thanks,

well if there Not reported Bugs, , report them by using your Redhat Bugzilla account email addy an password on ABRT itself

theAdmiral
16th January 2010, 03:14 PM
If it were a snake it would have bit me!

Thanks, Demz.

---------- Post added 2010-01-16 at 07:14 AM CST ---------- Previous post was 2010-01-15 at 08:46 PM CST ----------

I installed the necessary software to report the bug in VLC, but I still get a message stating that the backtrace is unusable. What should I make of this?

Thanks,

RahulSundaram
17th January 2010, 12:30 AM
HI,

You can follow the manual steps

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces

VLC is not included in Fedora however so it has to be reported to upstream directly or the repo it came from.

theAdmiral
17th January 2010, 01:01 AM
Can I use this link with KDE? It says it is for Gnome.

Thank you,

RahulSundaram
17th January 2010, 03:21 AM
Hi,

No, it doesn't say that. There is a separate section on GNOME however. You are free to ignore that.

theAdmiral
17th January 2010, 02:26 PM
I do not see how this link is helpful. Everything is about debugging in Gnome.

RahulSundaram
17th January 2010, 03:01 PM
Hi,

No. It is not. debuginfo-install or gdb has nothing to do with GNOME.

theAdmiral
19th January 2010, 01:59 AM
The previous post in this thread is not useful. I have read the page of the link that was posted. Followed it as necessary, generated a stack trace. Ran ABRT. Attempted to report, and I got the same message saying that the stack trace is unusable. Again, tried to install debug-install vlc-core, to no avail. Any other ideas are welcome.

Thank you kindly,