PDA

View Full Version : how do i activate moblin after installing in Fedora 12

houserparker
13th December 2009, 06:41 AM
I have just done the group install of moblin in fedora 12 which installed all packages successfully but all i can see is the original fedora desktop and there is nothing that refers to launching moblin. I missing something?

scottro
13th December 2009, 06:49 AM
Assuming your default is Gnome, isn't there a Sessions button at the bottom? Click on that and hopefully, it will give you the option for Moblin.

houserparker
13th December 2009, 08:02 AM
Hi there,

I am using gnome as default and i dont know of any sessions button down the bottom. Im assuming the location your referring is the task bar at the bottom of the screen?

thunderogg
13th December 2009, 09:19 AM
It should appear as "Session", I think, on the bar in GDM (the login screen) but only after you have chosen the user. Change it before you type the password or at least before you hit 'Enter" after having typed you password.

houserparker
13th December 2009, 10:33 AM
ok thanks guys i found it but now another problem. When it logs in it doesnt respond to anything i do. Almost as if it was frozen.
Any ideas?

scottro
13th December 2009, 12:31 PM
I'm going to close this thread. Your original question was answered and I see you started another thread with the question in your last post. at http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=236430

(Please don't double post--this isn't exactly a double post, but the idea is to keep your question in one place, so that you don't have to go all over the place to find the answer. )