PDA

View Full Version : SCST and Fedora 11

mbodnar
10th December 2009, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems to install SCST in Fedora 11.
I'm not able to apply the kernel patch because there isn't a file called drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c in the /usr/src/kernels/2.6.29.4-167.fc11.i868.PAE.
Does anybody have an idea on how to proceed?

Thanks.

mbodnar
14th December 2009, 05:26 PM
Nobody????

mbodnar
4th January 2010, 11:23 AM
No answer?

markdk
4th July 2010, 02:48 AM
Hi,
I'm trying in FC13 with SCST.
No joy their either although my error is a missing header, and presumably the code behind it isn't there either.
scst-1.0.1.1/src/scst_priv.h:348: error: implicit declaration of function ‘scsi_execute_async’
stops the make dead.
I was trying to get mhvtl working on iSCSI which as far as I can see does need SCST (for character device support needed for tape) so I'm stuck.

But what were you trying to do ?.
If you only want to make disk devices available across iSCSI you could try installing scsi-target-utils which is a fedora package, I found the below post while googling for ways around my issue which covers setting up disks for remote iSCSI access.
http://berrange.com/posts/2010/05/05/provisioning-kvm-virtual-machines-on-iscsi-the-hard-way-part-1-of-2/

So if you were trying to get disk access working that may help.
However scsi-target-utils seems to only support block devices (ie: disks) though, useless for character devices, so if it was virtual tapes you were trying to get SCST working for scsi-target-utils won't help.
But if you were just playing with iSCSI disks try the URL above.

If you were trying to get iSCSI disks available the URL above gives better info that I could. If tapes, sorry I'm stuck as well.

I don't expect I'll be able to get SCST working on fedora either.

monkinsane
20th February 2012, 04:22 PM
Hi there,

I wrote a usefull guide on installing scst, iscsi-scst & scstadmin. You can find it @ http://monklinux.blogspot.com/

This covers compilation of the kernel - the whole nine yards.

bob
20th February 2012, 04:38 PM
Monkisane, rather than tag your post onto the end of an obsolete thread (F11's long since reached EOL), I think you'd be better off to post the actual guide in Guides & Solutions Forum. Please, not just a link to a blog site, though.