PDA

View Full Version : Revisor errors in F12 x86_64

mwanafunzi1
4th December 2009, 08:07 AM
I have been trying to make a custom spin of fedora 12 x86_64 on my laptop which I have installed F12 x86_64 for the past one week. To start with revisor did not have .conf files for F12 so I had to edit the contents of revisor-f11-x86_64.conf so as to have fedora and rpmfusion mirrors and repos for F12. This worked fine until it got to create or build an ISO where it gave me the following error:

Got an error from /usr/lib/revisor/scripts/F11-buildinstall (return code 1)

I then proceeded to update my whole system including revisor and installed all the exta revisor packages except for revisor-cobbler. This version of revisor has F12 .conf files but presents a blank screen where there is supposed to be package selection by category.

Please help me solve this problem and make a beautiful and functional respin.

mwanafunzi1
15th December 2009, 06:57 PM
After almost one week of trying to make a custom spin of F12 on my friends laptop, I finally gave up and decided to give it a try to make a F11 spin on my laptop instead as I had successfully made several spins on it. It has now been almost one and a half weeks and I keep getting this error:

Got an error from /usr/lib/revisor/scripts/F11-buildinstall (return code 1)

I have researched extensively and found no answer to this problem so today I have to attach 4 files that revisor uses and I hope that it will be helpful to identify as to why I am having such a hard time making my custom spin. Please pay close attention to my last two attempts on the revisor.log file(The log file has been compressed), I only had one unresolved dependency for Nvidia and it disappeared when I clicked forward. I think revisor found the files in my HDD.

I also have a few questions;
1. I have been trying for a very long time to include both Skype and Virtualbox in my spins but I have never been successful. If anyone has done successfully then please outline the configurations in your reply. I will be extremely grateful.
2. Yum uses a debug level 2 and never gives an error about unresolved dependencies. How come revisor with a debug level 9 gives so many yet all the packages it seeks are available?
If this is the case, then is there a way for revisor to use yum to resolve its dependencies?

One last request if any of the attached files has an error please indicate the errors and show me on how I can fix them and if possible, outline them in your reply. I will remind you that I have only been using Linux fedora for about one and a half years now so I am not an expert.

I live in Kenya and most people in campus use Ubuntu and Fedora guys are few, so I try to make customs spin and distribute them to others because of limited Internet access to download extra packages e.g. for multimedia.

mwanafunzi1
16th December 2009, 03:42 PM
I think I have been asking questions the wrong way. Thanks guys, but I give up.

mwanafunzi1
16th December 2009, 03:45 PM
I give Up.

bob
16th December 2009, 03:50 PM
threads merged

mwanafunzi1
16th December 2009, 07:17 PM
I am not exactly sure what happened but I suspect it is either Nvidia drivers of livna(libdvdcss). I omitted them both and the spin was made without a hitch. Thanks Guys.

Sarge516
19th December 2009, 09:45 AM
Not sure how to eliminate the libs mentioned, I'm only trying to load java and mysql. Will let you know if I get it working. Any other comments would be helpful.

:confused: