PDA

View Full Version : npviewer segfaults

tashirosgt
23rd November 2009, 06:05 AM
On FC11 64 bit with Adobe flash plugin for Linux installed, I see segfault errors from "npviewer" in /var/log/messages. The only browser I have tried yet, Firefox, has glitches every now and then. Sometimes it shows the title of a page in a tab, but the page is blank. This can even happen when I try the Google main page.

Is it true that npviewer has something to do with Adobe flash? Is there a way to fix the problem? If it is caused by Adobe flash, is there a different plugin that will replace Adobe flash player?

mtk
23rd November 2009, 03:10 PM
this is anecdotal and not precise, but... i had the same problem. somehow i had both the 32-bit and the 64-bit flash 10 plugin on my desktop. the mozilla plug-in wrapper found both and wrapped both and preferred to use the 32-bit version over the 64-bit version even though the OS is 64-bit and the firefox binary is 64-bit. when i got rid of all of the 32-bit flash 10 plugin instances so that it could only find and wrap the 64-bit flash 10 plugin, suddenly everything worked without a hitch! sound works all the time. flash works all the time. life is... good!

/mark